Home

UFC Undisputed 3: Basic Tips

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3: Basic Tips within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
UFC Undisputed 3: Basic Tips

Surviving in the virtual Octagon remains challenging in UFC 3, even with the new “amateur” controls. While the new scheme may help with some of the delicate transitions that take place in a fight, there are many other small concepts to wrap your head around in order to have success in the offline and online arenas.

Read More - UFC Undisputed 3: Basic Tips
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Haven't played this one in a couple of weeks but reading this has put me in the mood. I still wish THQ would have stolen the control scheme from EA's game, but this game is awesome regardless. Sucks that you can't do a photo game face for your career, but I'm gonna create my guy tonight and get ta fightin'.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
You certainly lived up to the title of "basic tips".. pretty standard stuff here. As far as some more advanced tactics go, I've found a few things that are effective

- Be aggressive in striking. It's certainly possible to be a more technical and paced striker, but it's inherently more difficult. The computer, on the higher difficulties, is very good at simply picking you apart with strikes and always seeming to get the better of the exchanges. Being aggressive, particularly when you land the first punch, is very, very key. They will get stunned a bit and you can pounce on them for 2-3 more punches.

- Same goes for the ground game. As soon as you get someone to the ground, try a transition immediately. If it does work, try another one. You can sometimes get two quick transitions in a row to side control (or mount if you have the move) simply by being aggressive and surprising your opponent. If the first transition doesn't work, don't try another one. Hold block until the opponent tries to get out and then try your transition. Careful though, if you follow this pattern every time, you will get reversed by the better fighters.

- Don't even think about trying submissions against higher level CPU that's not gassed unless you're significantly better statwise, if you have submission that you're going to try leveled up to 3, or if you're a robot. Wait until they're rocked or extremely fatigued before you try one.

- Leg kicks are insanely powerful against the computer (and users for that matter, nobody blocks 'em). They not only make the fighter slower, but reduce the chances of takedown success greatly. Try to throw quick leg kicks and then back out of a potential exchange. After you start to mix your leg kicks in, this is when your huge head kicks will start to land as counter shots and you can really do some damage.

- If you're fighting with a real guy and aren't sure of his moves, hit start and check the catalog to see what you can and can't utlilize. If you're fighting in career mode, here are a few of the moves that I find to be absolutely devastating for whatever reason:

- Right/Left Rolling Sobbat
- QUICK Superman Punches from either hand when not moving to start combos.
- Standing Rear Naked Choke from Back Clinch (very legit when leveled, plus it looks amazing)
- Any elbow from ground top positions
- Any transition from your back that moves you to the top position, if you're having problems with getting ground and pounded
- Submission Switches are probably the only way to tap a fighter out before they're tired/rocked. Kneebar/Toe Hold from half guard is a good one, as is the classic Kimura/Armbar from side control
Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: UFC Undisputed 3: Basic Tips

2 Big Questions :

Let's say you're in mount, or on top of a full guard and you've broken out and you're postured up... How do you block the CPU on advance pulling you down immediately or catching a punch? I'm pressing back on the right stick because I know it's coming, but I still get pulled down immediately so I don't think I'm doing the right thing.

Second thing is when I get Side Mount/Control, and the camera changes to the wierd angle, how do I stop them from their immediate transition back to half guard? I guess my confusion is at that point, what is "away" on the right stick, is it up, down, etc? That camera angle leaves me confused however I've tried them all and maybe have stopped one transition to half guard and have no idea how I did it.

Any tips on these two would help me tremendously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »