Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Review (360/PS3) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
Banned

RockitOldSchool's Arena

OVR: 5
Just bought the game today. Pretty much the same as TW 12 with a few gimmicky extras. What annoys me more than anything is I paid $60 for the game but to obtain all the courses I would either have to eat, sleep and breathe TW for 3 months straight or pay another $60! So that's $120 for a video game. You want to be greedy and make me buy the DLC courses fine. But I own TW 12 and so on. Can't you give us loyal TW users a break? Why do I have to spend $120 a year??? I already give you so much money. And for the 100th time, I don't want your premium EA membership. Why can't I say no once and that be that? You keep advertising your garbage throughout my game, in every menu. This is what happens when there is no competition. Decent game but EA's greediness ruins it for me. And if you have 12 you're not missing much. My honIest humble opinion.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Granted, I don't know why Sony would not want a part of that extra income. But, from all the info I can gather, it was a decision made by MS and Sony, not EA. Why would EA want it different on both consoles?

I don't know why & I'm not saying that the decision was made solely by EA but I feel like we're not getting the complete story, nor do I expect we ever would/should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOldSchool
And for the 100th time, I don't want your premium EA membership. Why can't I say no once and that be that? You keep advertising your garbage throughout my game, in every menu.

While I disagree with a lot of what you said (I think it's a great update to TW12 & the DLC situation is handled much better this year) but this particular section I agree with 100%.

The amount of shilling for the Season Ticket service in TW13 is nausiating.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #11
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29

i think the DLC is a great and innovative idea, that provides a superb option. pay if you want to, grind if you want to - the choice is yours... isn't that what we've all been asking for?!?

great, GREAT game - much improved.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #12
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Counrty clubs needs more to be said. It's the best feature they've added since the analog swinging. I know it's your review and your opinion, but the score doesn't seem to be justified by the words that were written. Just my opinion.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #13
Pro

goalie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Counrty clubs needs more to be said. It's the best feature they've added since the analog swinging. I know it's your review and your opinion, but the score doesn't seem to be justified by the words that were written. Just my opinion.
great point.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Just bought the game today. Pretty much the same as TW 12 with a few gimmicky extras. What annoys me more than anything is I paid $60 for the game but to obtain all the courses I would either have to eat, sleep and breathe TW for 3 months straight or pay another $60! So that's $120 for a video game. You want to be greedy and make me buy the DLC courses fine. But I own TW 12 and so on. Can't you give us loyal TW users a break? Why do I have to spend $120 a year??? I already give you so much money. And for the 100th time, I don't want your premium EA membership. Why can't I say no once and that be that? You keep advertising your garbage throughout my game, in every menu. This is what happens when
there is no competition. Decent game but EA's greediness ruins it for me. And if you have 12 you're not missing much. My honIest humble opinion.
While I respect your opinion, I could not disagree more with your statement that 13 is 12 "with a few gimmicky extras".....the new swing mechanic alone is the best innovation in this series for the 360/PS3....
Old 04-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Just bought the game today. Pretty much the same as TW 12 with a few gimmicky extras. What annoys me more than anything is I paid $60 for the game but to obtain all the courses I would either have to eat, sleep and breathe TW for 3 months straight or pay another $60! So that's $120 for a video game. You want to be greedy and make me buy the DLC courses fine. But I own TW 12 and so on. Can't you give us loyal TW users a break? Why do I have to spend $120 a year??? I already give you so much money. And for the 100th time, I don't want your premium EA membership. Why can't I say no once and that be that? You keep advertising your garbage throughout my game, in every menu. This is what happens when there is no competition. Decent game but EA's greediness ruins it for me. And if you have 12 you're not missing much. My honIest humble opinion.
This isn't Russia... Is this Russia?.... This isn't Russia...

Its called capitalism. I for one will likely spend about $150 total on the game and will get every dollars worth. This generation feels they should simply be given what they want for basically nothing. You deserve to get nothing in life. EA will charge a price and consumers will either pay for it, or not pay for it. EA will then decide to lower the price or quit making the game. They have even now given you a choice.. Pay or have patience... Lord knows you have to have it now... and its not fair you should have to pay... Seriously, stop complaining and put up or shut up... either pay for the game or do choose to keep your money... The constant whining on this is getting very old...
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
Pro

goalie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
While I respect your opinion, I could not disagree more with your statement that 13 is 12 "with a few gimmicky extras".....the new swing mechanic alone is the best innovation in this series for the 360/PS3....
his point makes more sense if it were written a year ago... the changes this year are many and significant...

i'm not saying one has to like the changes, but they are definitely present in every aspect of TW '13

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »