Home

Sim Nation Radio Show Tonight - Game Development and NBA Live Advisory Council

This is a discussion on Sim Nation Radio Show Tonight - Game Development and NBA Live Advisory Council within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Sim Nation Radio Show Tonight - Game Development and NBA Live Advisory Council

^That would be a great feature if included. It would be a good way of competing with 2K. I know EA owns the right for some classic players (the ones used in NBA JAM), so it would be a nice point to start if they choose to include classic teams.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Sim Nation Radio Show Tonight - Game Development and NBA Live Advisory Council

@ Da_Czar
great show by the way really good work u put in for the listeners.

i wanna touch up on a point u made about company needs to sell games which in return allows for more resources.Yes that is true but at the same time they gotta know who their audience and users of the work they do are geared towards.if ur making a Sim game then Sim players will come trust me if you build it, they will come,sometimes sales manifest its head way too often from publishers and they wanna make a game for everyone for more sales and end up with a game for no one....I.E see ninja gaiden,
Old 04-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
@ Da_Czar
great show by the way really good work u put in for the listeners.

i wanna touch up on a point u made about company needs to sell games which in return allows for more resources.Yes that is true but at the same time they gotta know who their audience and users of the work they do are geared towards.if ur making a Sim game then Sim players will come trust me if you build it, they will come,sometimes sales manifest its head way too often from publishers and they wanna make a game for everyone for more sales and end up with a game for no one....I.E see ninja gaiden,
Great point. Kolanji and there in lies part of the internal struggle. Marketing vs Development. Then you have producers who may side with marketing because his bonus is dependent on game sales etc etc. So yeah your right that is a slippery slope and you can end up in no mans land.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

That's why you make NBA live for the hard core Sim users, and a arcade basketball game later not all in, that's what NBA jams is for EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »