Home

OOTP 13 Ships April 6th; iOOTP 2012 Ships April 5th

This is a discussion on OOTP 13 Ships April 6th; iOOTP 2012 Ships April 5th within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
OOTP 13 Ships April 6th; iOOTP 2012 Ships April 5th

OOTPdevelopments just announced OOTP 13 will ship on April 6th; while iOOTP 2012 will ship on April 5th. Read all about it, over at the official website and pre-order your copy.

Out of the Park Baseball 13
  • 2012 Major League rosters, along with rule changes introduced by the new major league labor agreement, including Houston's AL West move in 2013 and a second wild card team in each major league, starting with the 2013 playoffs.
  • Real-Time Simulation Mode, which gives you a GM's view on what's happening in your league in real-time, including scores of games in progress, notifications of important events, and more. You can even jump into any game and watch it play out, or take the reins of your club.
  • As you'll see in one of our Road to Release articles, Real-Time Simulation Mode is perfect for those final days of the season when playoff berths are on the line.
  • Interactive Storylines also offer greater immersion by giving you choices when situations arise. Do you punish a star player who behaves badly or do you ignore his antics? No two decisions are ever alike, and they have wide-ranging effects on injuries, fan interest, team chemistry, player morale, player ratings, player potential, owner attitudes, and much more.
  • A revamped pitching model that more accurately reflects pitching in the real world, where close to 90% of pitchers are typically drafted as starters and later become relievers for various reasons. The new pitching model brings with it a host of positive changes that we'll discuss in depth in Road to Release.
  • You can now create Associations with multiple leagues that may share certain rules, free agents, draft pools, and/or playoffs. And speaking of playoffs: OOTP 13 features more custom playoff options, including, for example, first round byes.
  • We've also overhauled the interface in OOTP 13, enhanced online league play, improved the core gameplay engine, and more.
iOOTP Baseball 2012

(Will be available for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad in the Apple App Store. No pre-order available.)
  • Just like its big brother, iOOTP 2012 features the complete 2012 roster set. Every player on every major league team is available, with complete ratings and career stats, along with the top 10 minor league prospects for each team.
  • Detailed player histories, including award histories, are now available, and there are more league leaderboards, for a total of 8.
  • As in last year's game, the HD iPad version is included free, and many of the game's screens have been reworked to take advantage of the larger display. Some iPad screens, such as the box score, have been improved from last year's game to allow the display of even more information.
  • We've revamped iOOTP's user interface, as you'll see in the batch of screenshots we'll be releasing soon, and we've greatly improved the roster management and trading AI.
  • Historical seasons now have real schedules, so you can play through your favorite team's past seasons as they really happened.
  • Like last year, three free historical seasons will be included. This year they're 1924, 1969 and 1995. Bundles with 10 seasons and single seasons will be available for purchase.
  • On the fictional side, iOOTP 2012 includes one new fictional setup, along with the ability to choose any year to start your fictional league, complete with stats and finances from that era.
  • While managing a game, you can opt to use pitch-by-pitch mode, and you can sim until a specific inning. You can also change game options during a sim.
  • In addition, you can now use the DH in any league and you can disable finances. You can also edit league, sub-league, and division names (division names are editable only in the iPad version.)
  • We've enabled iTunes Share, which makes it easier to transfer saves or add logos to the game.
Platform: PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: OOTP 13 Ships April 6th; iOOTP 2012 Ships April 5th

Found this video

Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

SOLD!

Love, love, love the interface! Very slick. I love how they changed the profile page too.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK

NotoriousReignz's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm a little confused, there's no iOOTP 13, just 12?

Old 04-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousReignz
I'm a little confused, there's no iOOTP 13, just 12?
iOOTP 12 is the newest one. i asked why the year is different, the dev blamed the suits LOL..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 01:56 AM   #6
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

This is by far the best version of OOTP.

I'd say that the improvement made from 12 to 13 is greater than the improvements made the last three versions combined.

On a completely irrelevant note, my relief ace just threw 64 innings with 87 strikeouts and just 2 walks. That's a FIP of 0.70 for you sabernerds counting at home.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #7
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
This is by far the best version of OOTP.

I'd say that the improvement made from 12 to 13 is greater than the improvements made the last three versions combined.

On a completely irrelevant note, my relief ace just threw 64 innings with 87 strikeouts and just 2 walks. That's a FIP of 0.70 for you sabernerds counting at home.
I refuse to buy this game simply on principle. I will not purchase anything that furthers sabermetrics.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #8
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I refuse to buy this game simply on principle. I will not purchase anything that furthers sabermetrics.
Joe Morgan thanks you ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »