Home

Out of the Park 13 Review

This is a discussion on Out of the Park 13 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Out of the Park 13 Review

The best baseball game available gets better, thanks to some smart improvements.

I’ll skip the typical introductions and get right to the point: If you’ve played Out of the Park in prior years, you should buy OOTP 13. If you like text sims, you should by OOTP 13. If you’ve never heard of OOTP, but love baseball (and own a PC), you should really consider buying OOTP 13.

It’s really that simple. OOTP 13 represents the current pinnacle of text and baseball sims, and is a game nearly all baseball fans will enjoy.

Read More - OOTP 13 Review
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Rookie

ey215's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Out of the Park 13 Review

Nice review!

I have to say, OOTP 13 is a huge jump from 12 and I just can't seem to put it down. I've been playing OOTP way too long (I honestly don't remember which was my first version) and this is by far the best version ever. I've never been able to get into historical leagues, but the random debut feature has me hooked.

I have to agree with the reviewer if you love baseball and have a PC you really should try this one out.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Man I wish there was a college football game like this.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Just to clarify somethIng from the review... I was unable to force any of the new interactive storylines. They are presimably random, and in three years of simming I didn't hit one. They look interesting, I just didn't have the chance to see them in action.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17
Who needs to play fantasy baseball when you have OOTP!! Tha game is a beast and if you love numbers and stats and contracts and scouting, and coaching and general management (you get the idea) this is for you!! Some of you may have played, I think it was by Avalon Hill??, on the Commodore 64 baseball Sim and how awesome that was. This game finally matches the fun factor that I had with that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Rookie

ey215's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRoark
Just to clarify somethIng from the review... I was unable to force any of the new interactive storylines. They are presimably random, and in three years of simming I didn't hit one. They look interesting, I just didn't have the chance to see them in action.
From what I've read over at the OOTP boards they are meant to be pretty rare.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8
Let's be honest here. Anyone that's played more than of the OOTP series in the past knows that this edition was more about changing the way things look in the interface. I hear some say that the player development model has gotten better, but if you hit the OOTP forums you find that not to be the case.

I'm glad the reviewer mentioned the possibility of having more animations than the ball moving. The reality is that it's not going to happen. I disagree with the reviewer's notion that any added animations would be a bonus and not a necessity. Markus WAS going to have someone code 2D animations into OOTP 13, but it didn't happen. Why? Because too many folks on the OOTP forums trashed the idea and suggested that OOTP 13 would be nothing more than another console game if it it had any more animations. OOTP players, in general, hate the idea of having animations in OOTP. How did Markus manage to avoid the issue of not having animations in this version? By claiming that his ... uh ... other programmer had other obligations and didn't have the time to make the 2D engine.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

I've been playing OOTP since OOTP 8, and it is without a doubt the finest baseball game on the market. Yes even better than The Show. What it lacks in graphical prowess, it more than makes up for in depth, realism, and immersion. There is not another baseball sim like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »