Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Trailer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
Rookie

Hunsy34's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Trailer

I hope you can throw it to a receiver whenever you want it just sails by them or they drop it. QB's throw to WR's when they are about to get sacked just to get rid of the ball I dont wanna be hitting X to throw the ball but get sacked cause the icon wasnt up and my WR wasnt looking.

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/9.../_online.html#
Old 04-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunsy34
I hope you can throw it to a receiver whenever you want it just sails by them or they drop it. QB's throw to WR's when they are about to get sacked just to get rid of the ball I dont wanna be hitting X to throw the ball but get sacked cause the icon wasnt up and my WR wasnt looking.
I believe they said you can throw it whenever.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
For those who think not much has changed, I saw the live gameplay video, and there is so much to be excited about. If your a sim style player it is going to be a huge jump in the right direction. Even if they don't do much with Dynasty mode I am still really excited about the changes.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #20
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Will those of us who don't user catch get to see the AI perform these catches in suitable situations?
Yes. It will still be the same with the CPU controling recievers.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Looks like once again NCAA will be the better football game this year (just like last year. and the year before that)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

This goes back to a statement I made before. EA seems to get it now which is a far cry from 3-4 years ago when they were hell bent on selling us fluff. I'm really impressed with many of the things they choose to address this year. However with EA over the last couple of years it's been execution that's holding them back. They tried to fix the option it was still broken and the battle in the trenches was touched, but is still a shell of what it should be. The WR/DB interaction is still no where near the level it should be at. So I'm reserving my judgement until I see some alpha videos.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Ok, I know I might sound like a broken record on this but honestly........what looks new in any of that video other than the new catch animations & shovel pass???

I watched it over and over again. Lets break it down by each bullet point.

New Pump Fake - Hummmmm the last one didn't work worth a crap and just adding a new "look" to it hardly improves the gameplay

Shovel Pass - New addition and honestly glad it is in. While not something that would see a ton of use it still opens up more options which is always a plus.

New Drop Backs 3, 5, and 7 - I am glad this was added. But this is not "new", they had the quick drop and the long drop in last years game. The quick slant plays had the quick step back and the deeper routes had the long drop.

Playaction abort fake - Again this is a feature which does not work correctly to begin with so just adding stuff to a non-working feature is hardly a improvement. It is still a good addition but minor in the grand scheme of gameplay things.

Playaction pick up blitz - Another feature which has always been in the game just worked in many different ways. More often your Hb would be tackled thus "taking out a defender" other times they would pick up a defender to block. This is nothing special to me.

Throw on run animations - The animation they showed look no differently than last years. Maybe there is more but the one they showed is not much of a "addition". Hell even if there is a ton of new looks, how does this improve the funky gameplay.

Multiple Pass Trajectories - Maybe I am blind but the video did not look impressive or hugely different than last years. The deep pass looked the same and the short route over the middle looked no different than a medium touch pass. Another touted feature that I think will disappoint.

Receiver Route Awareness - This part really confused the hell out of me. It highlights the left and right WR. Left it was "WR not looking", right "WR looking". Then the QB throws to the left WR who is supposedly "not looking" yet he reacts and catches ball as normal EA football does. Also the corner on the lower right of this play completely just runs down to empty space yet again taking his self out of the play and doing nothing. Also watch the MLB on this play, it really looks like he does that warp speed slide. All in all this video clips looks identical to 2012.

430 New Catch animations - I like this, one thing the game needs is tons and tons of catch animations. They need to trigger correctly. This is a improvement I will admit.

Enhanced Option Pitch - Yet again what looks any differently???? I am truly lost here. It is like they are just picking things to say we improved on and the end result must be so minor it is hard to see what was changed or corrected.

Improved Punt Coverage - Hard to tell how quick this clip was. But if done right this will be a improvement that is needed. On this play you can also see the "just let go block animation" is still present and will result in many bad plays on the O-line because of it. This animation needs to be removed, it does not look in any way realistic that the defender swims around the defender.

Read and React Defenders - This is not going to be truthful in my opinion. There is a couple clips in the video that show this as "suspect". Hopefully I am wrong, but I believe it will fall short to what we would like to see.

Overview
Basically from those quick clips we have NCAA 12 with more catch animations, read and react defenders, new shovel pass, and better punt coverage. This is titled "gameplay" trailer and hardly any of these bullet points are good improvements to the overall gameplay. Several clips you still see the same lineplay and funky sliding that was been prevalent this generation.

Sadly nothing that impressive.

Last edited by Phobia; 04-17-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Sadly nothing that impressive.
Cool beans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »