Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview (Kotaku)

I don't care at all about the previews. EA has lost everyone's trust. I'll wait until we get the consensus from the OS community about these improvements before I consider buying the game. No way this is a launch day or even launch week purchase anymore.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
No way this is a launch day or even launch week purchase anymore.
I agree, its a find-it-early title!! The hunt begins soon...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Its a stay away from it early title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i think we're gonna see madden 04 offense all over again. that's how it reads, anyway.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I agree it's a find it early title. Looks pretty fantastic so far! An improved CC would absolutely seal the deal.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #14
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It hasn't been that kind of game in a looooooooong time.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
As long as the psychic defenders are gone, and I mean gone...and the physics engine is tuned so that my 230 pound runningback with 95 BRKTKL and 90 SPD doesn't get stopped in his tracks by a 175 lb DB I will be pretty happy. I like the drops, something I have been hoping for for a long time, I like the new ball trajectories, but it means nothing with DB's that can Jump 10 feet in the air, and I like some of the new animations. I love dynasty, and building a team, but every year it is the same. I win a lot of games on super heisman difficulty and do the same old recruiting and my "grades" go up for my team and by year 5 I am unstoppable. I don't like that. I want budgets done like fifa, I want to be able to choose my program upgrades and see them reflected when I do practice mode. I want to choose how to manage my players practices and actually have it matter. I want player discipline back. I want smaller schools to be able to recruit less because of budgets, not this 10 hour crap. I want phone calls, text messages, emails, home visits, scouts, etc and I want them all to cost different amounts. I want coaching stats to really matter. Some 2 star schools have great coaches that really improve their players and I want that reflected, not just "oh you're a 5 star school so you get good rating improvements over the year". If I don't have the budget to really recruit hard outside of state and get the best players I want to use my budgets wisely and get a really good scout to find diamonds in the rough and one really good assistant (say QB coach) so I am constantly improving a position and sending them to the pros so I keep getting better players wanting to come to my school at a position (maybe they even bring a friend along or help you recruit a school, that happens all the time). I like that they were saying in an earlier post that you will get to actually scout players and find lower level recruits with great stats but this could be sooooo deep. Anyway, looks like they are moving forward a bit, I still probably won't buy day one like I normally do (mainly because there has been no mention of my above dynasty wishes or blocking changes) but I will rent or wait for OS reviews and see what happens. The problem is that I love this game for about 3 days, play it for all hours and infuriate my wife, but then I put it on the shelf because the "new features" are just skin deep. It isn't a bad game, really it's not, it just isn't as good as it could be, so that disappoints me each time. Also, I know we won't get different running but that is always a pet peeve. I know they can fix the ball size, I know it. I played football for 15 years and the ball is NOT that big...maybe they think we won't be able to see it? Anyway, this sounds like a complaints list, but it really isn't I just know they have great programmers at EA and I think the improvements they are making are going to be great, but after so many years of being disappointed it is just tough to get excited. I guess I am just a jaded fan...to bad I was addicted to the old XBOX versions playing them non-stop until the next one came out...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
For this reason I will not change my 8 month-old signature until we play the game and confirm that psychic DBs are dead.

Or should I wait until the 1st patch to make sure EA doesn't ruin something functional while attempting to patch another issue?

I was just going to comment on the 1st sentnce of ur post, untl I read the second one. LOL

I seem to remember the psychic LB were not a factor for me last year until the patches came out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »