Home

Out of the Park 13 Review

This is a discussion on Out of the Park 13 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
Rookie

jmount78's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Out of the Park 13 Review

Back on point here. The game is solid. I never thought a text based baseball sim would be this much fun and so time consuming!

I still play my other console games of The Show, MLB 2k12, and Pro Yakyuu, but OOTP really does consume the majority of my time now.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #18
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I've really gotten into the new interface this year and love it. I also love the depth of this game as someone who's always loved stats, GM'ing, and player development at all levels of the organization.

Whether there's 2D animations or not, this is a fantastic game and deserves all the credit it does. I love facegen and the nuances this game has. It's overwhelmingly deep at times and that's a very good thing
Old 04-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log
Sorry for the double-post
Hey it's cool injury log. Some may need to read it twice. OOTP far and away is the best text based simulator around; thier is no competition. The Show on the otherhand is in a differeent realm. Apples and oranges i'd say. If you're a console guy/gal go play the show. If you're a PC player OOTP is above and beyond any sports game you can find, less FM which in it's own right is a blast to play.

Graphics don't make or break the game; any game for that matter. It's what's under the hood that keeps folks clamoring for more. OOTP isn't going anywhere but up, and will continue to do great with it's fanbase, and a developer who is there for you. No other company can claim that.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

...and while we're at it put Out of the Park baseball atop with the other baseball games listed. Having to sift thru a forum to find the game is the equivalent of having a valued scout finding a diamond in the rough. Show the game some repsect. 13 versions should speak for itself!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #21
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobbler
Hey it's cool injury log. Some may need to read it twice. OOTP far and away is the best text based simulator around; thier is no competition. The Show on the otherhand is in a differeent realm. Apples and oranges i'd say. If you're a console guy/gal go play the show. If you're a PC player OOTP is above and beyond any sports game you can find, less FM which in it's own right is a blast to play.

Graphics don't make or break the game; any game for that matter. It's what's under the hood that keeps folks clamoring for more. OOTP isn't going anywhere but up, and will continue to do great with it's fanbase, and a developer who is there for you. No other company can claim that.
Not even if you a console or PC guy.

If you're a person who like to sim out seasons and build a team (which people do in The Show/MLB2k) this is a must have game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #22
Rookie

JackosanWYO's Arena

OVR: 4
Anyone know where I can get into an online league, the OOTP 13 forum is DOA so i'm thinking its all underground. Any other sites out there or any leagues starting up?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #23
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

For those that don't frequent the OOTP forum, injury log is one of the most well know and respected members of the community.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #24
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Bough it last night messed with it some today. Loving the new interface. Game is sooo deep, but the interface upgrade makes it infinitely more manageable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »