Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Feature Playbook for Madden NFL 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wonders aloud if game play 2 is online franchise??
i doubt it. it sounds more core gameplay orientated rather than feature.

i hope they've upgraded it to buggery this year though.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
My interest is certainly peaked on what this could be. Although I was a community event attendee, there were some grumblings that we wouldn't see everything. I imagine this is part of that. It must be a big deal though; when I spoke to one of the devs, he joked that it would be a fireable offense if he let the cat out of the bag.
I wonder if it has something to do with Xbox Kinect. That would be my hunch. Anyways, I will be looking intently on Wednesday. This is the last season for Ray Lewis and possible for Ed Reed, I would like to have a football game that I actually enjoy the hell out of with them in it before they retire. This game does not have to be 2k5, but I hope it can give me the feeling I had every time I fired that game up to play, whether against the cpu, online league LFL or online lobby game. If it can reproduce that type of experience I'll be satisfied. I'll find out through Season Pass.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-23-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think Kinect would be a "Monumental change in gameplay, that creates the most authentic football experience to date.''

Here's why, for people like me that don't have Kinect it doesn't change a thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'm guessing the new unrevealed gameplay feature is Kinect-related as well. Frankly, I'd be tempted to try out the Kinect for vocal playcalling and line reads / audibles if such were implemented.

EDIT: another thing that'd be cool to do via Kinect is drawing up one's own passing plays in the dirt; maybe install this feature in tandem with a full-blown create-a-play, and allow created plays to be properly sorted in custom playbooks and gameplans? I'm musing aloud here, admittedly.

I am openly wondering what the "connected careers" feature is, and if it means that we ultimately will have a full-featured online franchise, which is my biggest want for this game by far.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-23-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
got a scary underwhelming feeling that gameplay part 2 will be entirely kinect based.
Yep, me too.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think Kinect would be a "Monumental change in gameplay, that creates the most authentic football experience to date.''

Here's why, for people like me that don't have Kinect it doesn't change a thing.
" blurring the line between virtual and reality."
Is why I believe it will be Kinect. I dont have Kinect and dont plan on it either.
I cant wait for Wed though, even though I have class all day
Old 04-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Monumental change? That is some really strong words, I wonder what this could be. I am really hoping for an all new movement sytem. Could they POSSIBLY be going all out and adding a full fledged physics system to this game?

I doubt it, but time will tell.....

Last edited by ch46647; 04-23-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
got a scary underwhelming feeling that gameplay part 2 will be entirely kinect based.
I hope you are wrong, but I have a feeling you are correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »