Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #89
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

soooo...... no franchise mode improvements?

Was kind of expecting them to drop the ball there after getting some momentum last year. EA for the life of them can simply not seem to stick to a multi year plan. They just keep seeming to reinvent the same stuff over and over. I'm beginning to think it is deliberate.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #90
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

I'm not getting my hopes up for CBS to be in the game, but they put "world class" in the press release. If EA can make a game look as good as it sounds on paper I'll be impressed, but we hear the same a thing around this time every year. People seem to forget that.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #91
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza

Was kind of expecting them to drop the ball there after getting some momentum last year. EA for the life of them can simply not seem to stick to a multi year plan. They just keep seeming to reinvent the same stuff over and over. I'm beginning to think it is deliberate.
Wouldn't integrating all career modes and upgrading DPP be improvements and changes to Franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #92
MVP

Why am I getting excited about this? Why? Why do I do this to myself each year? I played a total of 2 games of Madden 12 and just told my friend I won't be purchasing Madden 13 but then I'm excited about the details of a freakin playbook. I tell you what, if they improve the tackling animations and player movement 10X I may...Just may change my tune. We will see...
Old 04-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #93
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza

Assumptions aren't wise.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #94
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
To change gears a little bit, I am surprised more posters haven't speculated on the new presentation stuff.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Last year, they specifically touted working with CBS and NFL films, among others, to achieve an authentic broadcast feel.

"One of the things I think Madden fans will be most excited about is our broadcast presentation. Our mantra was “Go to the experts.” You don’t want a game developer’s version of an NFL broadcast, you want the real deal. We studied with multiple CBS football directors by having the entire presentation team studying inside the truck with unlimited access.We even got input from our own Hall of Fame broadcaster and namesake John Madden. Highlights include real broadcast camera locations for every stadium, all new stadium exteriors (seen more than 10 times per game on SNF), virtual cameras, virtual director logic, and new broadcast graphics designed by the geniuses behind MNF, SNF, and ESPN’s Sports Center."http://mymaddenpad.com/2011/04/28/ma...des-to-madden/

Going back and reading that, it seems a lot of things they worked on, didn't make it into M12 but will be in M13. We could be in-store for something along these lines, http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042748937, or maybe something even more spectacular if they have finally resolved the alleged issue with using real network branding in-game. CBS has already been used in NCAA basketball 10, everyone knows about EA's contract with ESPN which should encompass MNF and the NFL network should attached to the NFL exclusive. It's a long shot but making use of various real life network branding and presentation graphics would certainly be "world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel", as well as not unheard of in an EA sports title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NEn6Yo3vO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWlAnYRp0bY

Man, Wednesday April 25th will be interesting. lol
Agreed bro. Hoping Broadcast is out of this world this year. I'm not going to my hopes up to much. But hoping we will finally be seeing some real TV style broadcasting like CBS or ESPN or something like that. I know it a long shot. But better then nothing I guess.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #95
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I'm not getting my hopes up for CBS to be in the game, but they put "world class" in the press release. If EA can make a game look as good as it sounds on paper I'll be impressed, but we hear the same a thing around this time every year. People seem to forget that.
I agree but it's that whole new from the ground up thing that makes me hope all the conventional wisdom about real network wars are no longer relevant.

Such stuff was unheard of before next-gen Madden and other games use real network branding as a marketing tool. Just makes me wonder if all that talk about real network conflicts wasn't a convenient excuse in the past to push EA's Beyond Broadcast presentation that has since been scrapped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #96
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Well, forgive me if I am skeptical, as I feel as though I have read these same marketing blurbs many times.

these lines alone: Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history.--

-I just do not believe. They will have to prove that to me before I give them any more of my money
Well, technically a "pixel" as a source is a 2d image only. The elements that make up a 3D object are "voxels" So this is really more about UI's than in-game visuals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »