Home

UEFA Euro 2012 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on UEFA Euro 2012 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
UEFA Euro 2012 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012 DIGITAL EXPANSION PACK TO FIFA 12 AVAILABLE TODAY FOR DOWNLOAD

Fans To Determine Real-World Matches And Story Lines Replayed In-Game

April 24, 2012 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that EA SPORTS ™ UEFA EURO 2012 ™ is available in North America and Europe as a paid digital expansion pack to fans who own EA SPORTS FIFA 12 on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, or PC.

The only officially licensed videogame of the 2012 European Football Championship which begins June 8 in Poland and Ukraine, EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012 recreates all the drama and excitement of one of the largest and most-watched sporting events on the planet. Fans will be able to compete for national pride and glory as their favourite European country in the UEFA EURO 2012 tournament against rival nations in the group stage, progress through the sudden victory knockout rounds, and ultimately compete for the chance to be crowned UEFA EURO 2012 champion.

Today EA SPORTS unveiled plans to determine the best players in the world playing UEFA EURO 2012 on the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®. The two best players on each console will be determined through a series of online qualifiers. Those players will meet in the championship final on the pitch at Olympic Stadium in Kiev, Ukraine, hours before their heroes step onto the same pitch to compete for the UEFA EURO 2012 championship. Competition details are available at www.ea.com/intl/football/1/euro12-tournament.

EA SPORTS and Coca-Cola Zero™ are teaming up to deliver an online service that will drive real-life story lines from the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying campaign and during the tournament into the game, enabling fans to relive dramatic moments with challenges based on real-life matches. Fans are able to submit matches and vote on the ones they want to replay by visiting the EA SPORTS football community at http://www.facebook.com/easportsfifa. Challenges that receive the most votes will be pushed into the game weekly between April 27 and July 5, 2012. Challenges will enable fans to earn experience points and level up their EA SPORTS Football Club profile.

UEFA EURO 2012 also features a new mode called Expedition that enables fans to build, manage and compete with a customised team against other European nations, crafting the perfect strategy for European domination. Fans will choose their favourite European player or FIFA 12 Virtual Pro to captain their customised team, win matches to earn better players from defeated nations, and then defeat the best nations to earn the best players in a campaign quest to defeat all 53 countries and complete the journey to conquer Europe.

UEFA EURO 2012 is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The manufacturer suggested retail price is £15.99, 1800 MS Points and 2,500 FIFA Points on PC. UEFA EURO 2012 is rated “E” for Everyone and PEGI 3.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
EA EUFA EURO 2012 Impressions

Has anyone actually played this yet? Over on the EA forums folks are screaming that it is terrible and not worth nearly what they're charging. There's also mass complaints about only the big teams being licensed(explains why no qualifying) and several crash complaints. It was enough to scare me off, I bought the points yesterday just in case, but I guess I'll be getting Trials Evolution instead...
Old 04-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: UEFA Euro 2012 Impressions

Over on the EA forums everyone is saying that the smaller clubs( e.g.Wales, Poland) aren't licensed and that all of the kits are fake, is this true? I've also seen mentioned that you can only play as a single team in tourney mode is this true as well?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

Anyone playing on PC? The UEFA thing in the menu shows up, but in the store there is nothing to buy...
Old 04-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Over on the EA forums everyone is saying that the smaller clubs( e.g.Wales, Poland) aren't licensed and that all of the kits are fake, is this true? I've also seen mentioned that you can only play as a single team in tourney mode is this true as well?
Haven't touched tourney mode so I don't kno about that but only playing with one team sounds right. As for kits, the small teams I have played (San Marino, Finland) did not have any unique crest, just a flag. I don't know too much about either of their kits but they seem generic. From the mural pieces I got from San Marino though the jersey design seems to be the same in the game even if it is not exact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

How could the host nation not be licensed? I mean it could happen but would be pretty dumb if they couldn't get licensing.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
Well, downloaded it this morning and played through a few games in expedition mode. Playing on World Class.

The game just plays a little different. The biggest thing I see is players on both sides make more smart runs. You can really play some nice through balls in situations that weren't possible in the regular game. The CPU has done the same thing to me. Ball control seems to be a bit more difficult. My VP who has like 90 dribbling and control isn't weaving through defenses quite as easily as before. The CPU also seems to play a much better brand of possession. Negatively, fouls are exactly the same. No improvement there.

I really like this version and it is definitely refreshing. With my expedition squad made up of mostly high 50's and low 60's I beat San Marino 2-0, then lost to them 1-2 and lost to Finland in extra time 2-3. Need to adjust a bit to the different gameplay as I could always win or at least dominate the run of play on WC on the normal game.
I agree 100%. Germany was sending the long ball pretty often too. Close and Mueller were killing me as I played with England (Professional difficulty with sliders). I know it is supposed to be the same gameplay, so maybe it is just the team tactics that is making some areas feel/appear different.

Very fun game so far.

Tomba is going to love this....AD BOARDS!! LOL.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 04-24-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #8
Rookie

ManuelRui's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA EUFA EURO 2012 Impressions

Well, the game is basically Fifa 12 so it cannot be terrible. However, it doesn't worth the money asked.
Several teams are not licensed, included Poland which hosts the event. Even players names are changed because of that, example Bale is Beith, Kolarov is Kostarov, and so on.
It lacks of online modes, there isn't even a play with a friend option.
Seems also you cannot play your VP in a national team, the only option you have to play with it is via expedition mode, which is interesting, but not worthing the price in my opinion.
As you said, no qualifying either.
Few people talk about a little change in gameplay, but I did not find it. It seems way identical to Fifa 12, the only difference I really noticed is the placebo because of the 20 euros/dollars loss.
In three words I could review this DLC: Save your money.
Sorry for my english by the way

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »