Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #129
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Once again this year, I will just hope to finally see a true halftime show with highlights,stats and commentary - and a end of the game highlight show, and a full fledge haltime show during season and franchise mode that also shows highlights,stats of other games going on around the league, I heard its been done before so its nothing new.....
Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #130
Pro

OVR: 33
This is a bold list of features, even for EA. If they deliver what they promise we could have something special. I'm interpreting 'Connected Careers' as the ability to continue your career on future versions of the game. This is something many gamers have been wanting.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #131
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8
The most logical conclusion is Madden adding in some new type of physics engine and NCAA borrowing it next year for their iteration of NCAA 14 and miserably failing at it, just as with Pro Tak...

Just my $0.02...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #132
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

I think Big FN may be correct that it is advancement of DPP, which would be ok with me considering they usually scrap features in later years instead of building on them. It has potential to be very good if they keep building onto it.

Regarding tomorrow, I really home they will start to immerse us in presentation. All EA Sports games are plain boring and do nothing to draw you into the sport you love, especially in the single player franchise area.

Most or all of us want some type of broadcast presentation. It doesn't matter if they copy a certain network or do their own EASN style from back in the day which was awesome, just have the elements that are present when we watch the sport on tv. They could set trends with player intro's, graphical stat and player overlays, but they always take the half baked route. This has to be improved this year, it's been way too long dealing with the same sub par presentation.

Hopefully we see full team starting lineup introductions. In franchise, each game should have stats or information based on prior games or information for that specific season. Example would be displaying the O-Line intros. Have something saying line has allowed the most sacks in the NFL, or the LT not having allowed a sack thus far though Week 10, etc for all units on O & D. I would think this would be possible in the year 2012, but maybe I am wrong, as hard as it is for me to believe.

Also, having an around the league ticker showing at a consistent rate during games like we see on the current broadcasts. Showing scores, stats, etc. I don't even have to mention half time shows or weekly wrap up's, etc. That is what world class presentation entails. They shouldn't need wish lists, or others to tell them this. They should have the creative minds there to do this, especially with the NFL license. They should be doing things where the networks say, wow, we need to copy that for our broadcasts. Unfortunately, they have ignored presentation in all of their titles, an awful decision on their part.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenNFL13
Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history.
All-new? Every pixel? really!? Does anyone buy this line of marketing BS?

Quote:
With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.
All I can think of when reading this is 'Liquid AI".
Old 04-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #134
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthawk
All-new? Every pixel? really!? Does anyone buy this line of marketing BS?

All I can think of when reading this is 'Liquid AI".
I'd like to think that most of us rolled our eyes at the overly "fantastical" description of Madden that EA tries to feed us every year. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your work, but describing it as the 2nd coming is standard EA fare that I'm pretty sure we are all very well aware of right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #135
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I don't see how anyone could make that assumption unless you're going to be able tweet as Madden, Gibbs, Sanders, or LT with the preorder bonuses.

They've clearly done something to bring the modes under one umbrella, either multiple modes in a season, online access to all the modes, etc. will be interesting to see what they've come up,with.

Just being able to post your score to Facebook? Unlikely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
from the madden website

Madden NFL 13 is all new from the ground up, including an online Connected Careers mode where you can build your own personal legacy or relive a legend’s, all while each of your milestones gets broadcast in a socially connected universe. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call the action from the booth, while you call your own shots using Kinect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #136
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
from the madden website

Madden NFL 13 is all new from the ground up, including an online Connected Careers mode where you can build your own personal legacy or relive a legend’s, all while each of your milestones gets broadcast in a socially connected universe. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call the action from the booth, while you call your own shots using Kinect.
And? That describes a lot more than 'just some social gimmick'

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »