Home

Top Five Digital Ballparks: #4 AT&T Park

This is a discussion on Top Five Digital Ballparks: #4 AT&T Park within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Five Digital Ballparks: #4 AT&T Park

It's hard not to like the park on the bay in San Francisco. Unlike my previous choice, Dodger Stadium, AT&T Park is quirky, far from symmetrical, and has tons of interesting sights and sounds to experience.

The first and most obvious feature of the park is the bay of water just beyond the 24 foot high brick right field wall. Barry Bonds made McCovey Cove famous as he would homer into it with a sea of boaters looking to catch his record breaking home runs. This is just the beginning of why I personally love this stadium.

Another feature of the park, which isn't totally accurately modeled is the bay temperatures and fog which will frequently roll in at night. This creates a unique vantage point to watch a game when fans are wearing winter like jackets in the middle of July.

The playing field features the 309 foot short right field line angling out to 421 feet in right center field. The outfield fence actually angles inwards to 400 feet and center and then rounds out to 339 feet down the left field line.

What are your favorite aspects of AT&T park?
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Top Five Digital Ballparks: #4 AT&T Park

AT&T Park is one of my favorite parks in baseball (probably just behind Busch Stadium), but I don't think the game does the park quite as much justice, so it ranks much lower on the digital park scale. Either way, I can't go against your pick here.

What's my favorite aspect of the park? That you feel close and above the action no matter where you are, and that the view is freaking astonishing.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 04-24-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

I try not to say it too much since I'm a Mets fan, but AT&T Park is imo the most beautiful MLB stadium in the country (or I guess continent, lol), past and present.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7
A warm clear day game at AT&T is as good as it gets. Carnival like atmosphere. The Show needs to be able to replicate the fog better, much the way NCAA 12 Football does at the USC Trojan home games at the Colisseum. The lighting and fog are awesome in that game.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9
I agree that the digital portrayal of the yard doesn't do it justice. It is so unique and I love everything about it. I keep praying that in the show 2012, there will be a splash cam with a "ball hitting bay" animation. And on a clear night, you can see the Oakland coliseum.

You know it's a great park when journalist, who get paid to analyze,, call it the best park in America. And if it's not #1, its 2 or 3, behind Wrigley and Fenway. Which mean the history of those parks is what give it it's edge...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13
I think #4 is a bit low for this park...and I am not even a Giants fan. This should be #1 or #2.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 28
Agree that At&T Park is the best. So unique.

My top 5:
1) AT&T Park
2) Fenway - Always like playing in Fenway
3) Wrigley - Usually one of the first parks I check out. Made better with the brown ivy in the spring changing to green during the season.
4) Marlins Stadium - New and awesom
5). Comerica - Tigers fan. A tad bias.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

AT&T really shows they beautiful side of SF and shares a lot history since it opened in 2000.

2 World Series appearance
1 All-Star Game
Barry Bonds breaking the HR record
1 No-Hitter Game (J. Sanchez)

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby

Last edited by Sports fanantic; 04-25-2012 at 06:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »