Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #209
Rookie

DirkDiggler12's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I think its at 1. Bad thing is I will be at work and ain't be able to watch. Even worse is I have forgotten a quarter of the stuff they told me while I was down there last time so it will actually be a refreshed on some points.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Per their FB site, it says 1pm EST
Old 04-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #210
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

I will watch to refresh my memory and then post my hands on impressions from my notes and what i remember from the community week.

We will be going back in 2 weeks so i will get a huge refresher on where they stand now. Getting real excited guys, can't wait until the full feature set is released...

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #211

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Big day for Madden, cant wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #212
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Totally not the point I was making. I never said they WOULD use Madden 10, only that they COULD.

The point is that if the whole enchilada isn't working, you show a build that has the parts that are working together that you want to focus on for that particular presentation. The stuff that isn't working yet, or is working on its own but not with the stuff that you are focusing on for a particular presentation, you: have it in a separate build, you leave it out, you comment it out, what ever.

That's all I'm saying.
Right and my question to you is WHY? What point would that serve? It's not a past pattern they have followed so why would they do that now even if they could? You are right on everything else, it's just that whatever they show it will be from a build of 13 even if they COULD show something else.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #213
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Right and my question to you is WHY? What point would that serve? It's not a past pattern they have followed so why would they do that now even if they could? You are right on everything else, it's just that whatever they show it will be from a build of 13 even if they COULD show something else.

Let's start over lol.

Forget about them using a build that is not Madden 13. Totally forget that. I used that as an example to show that they COULD drop what they are working on into a build that they have long since abandoned. Not saying they will. They most likely won't. Although, one could argue, that an early build of 13 is essentially 12, but that's besides the point.

The point is this. You have a presentation due. You are a developer. Your product will have new features: X, Y, and Z. You can't get X, Y, and Z to all play nicely yet. You tested them on their own, you know the logic works, etc, but when they all get together, all hell breaks loose. You need more debug time, but you can't wait until all the parts work, you need to show something now. What do you do (Speed anyone?)?

Instead of demoing X, Y, and Z, you break up your presentation into different parts and only show X today. Y and Z are either: in other builds by themselves, in classes sitting in a separate DLL, or they are in the build you are showing, but commented out. You now demo X. Show that X is working. Give the disclaimer that there is more than X, but that you wanted to make sure that X was presented in the best light, without Y and Z introducing bugs into X that would make it seem that X doesn't work at all, when it does, just not with Y and Z yet.

You may do the same for Y. All the while working on the kinks. By the time it's time to show Z, maybe it all works, or it all works together well enough that you could at least show it.

Now, am I saying this is DEFINITELY what will happen today? No. Only that this DOES happen all the time and not just in gaming, so it is POSSIBLE that if you don't see something today, that it doesn't mean 100% that you won't see it in August.

That's my only point.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #214
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Exactly. Makes no sense for them to show video of Madden 10 using features of Madden 13. Just imagine the backlash on here.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #215
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

With presentation today, do you think it would include any franchise presentation, or will that be discussed later during the other playbook (assuming it is franchise based)? Hoping for something to really immerse me into franchise, half-time show, post game/weekly wrap up's, stat overlays, etc.

My two favorite sports are pro football and world/European futbol/soccer. Both of these sports are year round sports, there is no longer an off-season due to constant news, player movement, etc. On top of that, you have so much that goes on in between games/matches regarding analysis, team/player discussion, etc. I know this would be tough to incorporate into a video game, but really hoping they have made some improvement in these areas in whatever way possible.

On top of that, hoping that it is done to allow them to build on top of a base, so improvements can be made annually. This without losing any previous additions that were in prior editions of the game.

It seems that we always hear how they are handcuffed in some way. I am an adult working professional, so I understand that these things happen. That being said, as a customer, I hear this far too often from EA Sports. That hopefully will change with the new team and increased man/women power they brought aboard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #216
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Lots of words.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »