Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #217
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

For me today is really telling towards Madden going forward. I have been looking for the game to add presentation to rival NFL2k5 for a loooong time now and Madden 10 just didn't cut it.

Of all the areas in M13, I am really looking for presentation to finally be something special this year. I am thinking there will finally be some kind of show bringing the game to life, coupled with the improved commentary. I think this is being shown first, so NCAA 13 can reveal a similar package with College Gameday, on May 7th.

The game play aspects of EA football games have been complete FUBAR, imo, so I can understand it taking a whole dev cycle to truly fix a limited number of areas. However, if EA/Tiburon can finally provide some dynamic shiny eye candy with a well designed and implemented presentation package, at least we can have something to add immersion while we wait.

That said, if it's not all I have hyped it up to be in my mind, I blame Rgiles because I think that's his CD area of expertise. lol j/k
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #218
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That said, if it's not all I have hyped it up to be in my mind, I blame Rgiles because I think that's his CD area of expertise. lol j/k
Yeah, I'll back that sentiment.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #219
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

One thing I expect to see today is the addition of HDR lighting, ncaa 12 had it, madden 12 didn't.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #220
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Just saw this tweet from Mike Young, Creative Director of Madden 13

Michael Young ‏ @MYsportsPhotog
Nice start to the morning. At the final commentary recording session with the great Phil Simms. #MADDEN13

Obviously they are still working on commentary, hopefully they add lines for rookies.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #221
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Yeah, I'll back that sentiment.
LOL. I blame that "Adfletch" guy for coining me as some presentation expert. I'm far from that -- just a guy who needs immersion to enjoy a sports game.

I actually think they laid a solid foundation with M12. It wasn't mindblowing, but it was the closest thing to authentic broadcast presentation I've seen in Madden.

That said, I think presentation guys will be pleased today. While most presentational elements weren't fully installed back in February, the team certainly shared a blueprint for the direction they're going and I was impressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #222
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenNFL13

Madden NFL 13 features

Gameplay Part 1 (April 25th)

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Gameplay Part 2 (June 4th)

A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality.
Please God, don't let this be the future of football videogaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGLcY...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #223
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Let's start over lol.

Forget about them using a build that is not Madden 13. Totally forget that. I used that as an example to show that they COULD drop what they are working on into a build that they have long since abandoned. Not saying they will. They most likely won't. Although, one could argue, that an early build of 13 is essentially 12, but that's besides the point.

The point is this. You have a presentation due. You are a developer. Your product will have new features: X, Y, and Z. You can't get X, Y, and Z to all play nicely yet. You tested them on their own, you know the logic works, etc, but when they all get together, all hell breaks loose. You need more debug time, but you can't wait until all the parts work, you need to show something now. What do you do (Speed anyone?)?

Instead of demoing X, Y, and Z, you break up your presentation into different parts and only show X today. Y and Z are either: in other builds by themselves, in classes sitting in a separate DLL, or they are in the build you are showing, but commented out. You now demo X. Show that X is working. Give the disclaimer that there is more than X, but that you wanted to make sure that X was presented in the best light, without Y and Z introducing bugs into X that would make it seem that X doesn't work at all, when it does, just not with Y and Z yet.

You may do the same for Y. All the while working on the kinks. By the time it's time to show Z, maybe it all works, or it all works together well enough that you could at least show it.

Now, am I saying this is DEFINITELY what will happen today? No. Only that this DOES happen all the time and not just in gaming, so it is POSSIBLE that if you don't see something today, that it doesn't mean 100% that you won't see it in August.

That's my only point.
I'm not understanding the confusion then because I agree with that point as I have attending CD and talk to developers quite a bit. Of course we don't see everything today, but we see a framework for what's possible today. People are clamoring for physics engine, double team blocking, my argument would be with those type of big ticket items, if you do not see some hint of it today, then you aint gonna see that in August. Those type of items would be what the CD guys experienced. I'm not sure why they would let those guys see those type of things then hide it from the rest of us until June.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-25-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #224
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
Please God, don't let this be the future of football videogaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGLcY...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Please NO!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »