Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay Preview (XPlay)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay Preview (XPlay) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay Preview (XPlay)

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 13 Gameplay Preview from Xplay

It's not truly read and react. Everyone swarms to the ball after it is caught. Defenders should still have to see the ball carrier.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
ok so Ive been pretty down on madden lately but this impressed me, it definitely looks better and more complete. Also is it just me or does it seem like there's a lot less skating going on?
Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden still does have any ankles on torso movements on there players lol simply ****in u out of ya bucks.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay Preview (XPlay)

Still looks to robotic.. sheezz it will never truely change.. They just can't get it right. Also something about the players bodies that just doesn't look right?? Almost like they all have short legs or certain players are to bulky? Idk, it's weird..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmen56
Still looks to robotic.. sheezz it will never truely change.. They just can't get it right. Also something about the players bodies that just doesn't look right?? Almost like they all have short legs or certain players are to bulky? Idk, it's weird..
Got to remember that the game is still been tuned right now. But all the robotic movement been there for years. I don't think it will change much until the next Gen. consoles come out. Doesn't bother me to much. So long as the gameplay is much better then it has been in Madden12.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Everything that one of the devs in the video said about Jim and phill knowing about what is goin on.....isn't that what we had in Madden 97 on the Playstation 1? I don't know why they are trying to make it seem so new.

James Brown would tell you what week it was and what ever.....then pre-game John Madden and Pat Summeral would talk about how important the game was, if it was important.

I'm sure/expect it to be more advanced....especially since they went the computer animation route which should give them unlimited flexablity in what they add...compared to John and Pat's pre rendared FMVs.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Everything that one of the devs in the video said about Jim and phill knowing about what is goin on.....isn't that what we had in Madden 97 on the Playstation 1? I don't know why they are trying to make it seem so new.

James Brown would tell you what week it was and what ever.....then pre-game John Madden and Pat Summeral would talk about how important the game was, if it was important.

I'm sure/expect it to be more advanced....especially since they went the computer animation route which should give them unlimited flexablity in what they add...compared to John and Pat's pre rendared FMVs.
Actually, during the webcast, Mike Young corrected the host and said the Sega Genesis days had 2D characters for announcers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »