Home

Calvin Johnson is Your Madden NFL 13 Cover Athlete

This is a discussion on Calvin Johnson is Your Madden NFL 13 Cover Athlete within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #17
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Calvin Johnson is Your Madden NFL 13 Cover Athlete

I'm excited to have a hometown player on the cover, wont be trading this years in like usual. If anyone can break the curse, it's Calvin Johnson. Iirc, Larry Fitzgerald wasn't hit with the curse when he was on the cover. Receivers > curse
Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #18
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Curls don't look good on Beadle. That's what I took away from the cover announcement.

I think they should put the actual Megatron on the cover, with Calvin in the background.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #19
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Does anybody know if the Calvin cover they showed already is the final one? I didn't watch the Peyton Hillis unveiling last year, so I don't know how this thing works. Was the one they showed for him last year the final version? I'm just not digging the Calvin cover they showed.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #20
Rookie

"This campaign is the latest example of what ESPN and EA have been doing for years together to serve sports fans."

Really? You must mean besides making a game that doesn't blow ***. 2K had a partnership with ESPN and got a modeled version of Chris Berman doing a weekly wrap up show complete with highlights and stats for the franchise mode. What has this partnership gotten us? A cover vote? A dumb virtual playbook on NFL live to show off the crummy player models? Gee. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #21
Rookie

oh wait, ESPN RADIO POPPING UP EVERY 10 SECONDS AND GIVING ME THE SAME FREAKING SCORES 15 TIMES AT A VOLUME MUCH LOUDER THAN THE ACTUAL GAME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #22
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCARS
"This campaign is the latest example of what ESPN and EA have been doing for years together to serve sports fans."

Really? You must mean besides making a game that doesn't blow ***. 2K had a partnership with ESPN and got a modeled version of Chris Berman doing a weekly wrap up show complete with highlights and stats for the franchise mode. What has this partnership gotten us? A cover vote? A dumb virtual playbook on NFL live to show off the crummy player models? Gee. Thanks.
I actually have to agree with you. They have this ESPN partnership, yet we don't see any ESPN in-game integration. Having a scoreboard with the ESPN logo, and having ESPN personalities in game would definitely enhance the realism. It's always disappointed me that they haven't done this, since 2k did this so well when they were partnered.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #23
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

There's a reason there is no ESPN in this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Curls don't look good on Beadle. That's what I took away from the cover announcement.

I think they should put the actual Megatron on the cover, with Calvin in the background.
I was thinking the other way around. Funny coicidence though, Madden comes out the same day as Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »