Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay Preview (XPlay)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay Preview (XPlay) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #9
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay Preview (XPlay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmen56
Still looks to robotic.. sheezz it will never truely change.. They just can't get it right. Also something about the players bodies that just doesn't look right?? Almost like they all have short legs or certain players are to bulky? Idk, it's weird..
Remember this was Pre-Alpha Gameplay. Dont get too deep into detail quite yet.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Everything that one of the devs in the video said about Jim and phill knowing about what is goin on.....isn't that what we had in Madden 97 on the Playstation 1? I don't know why they are trying to make it seem so new.

James Brown would tell you what week it was and what ever.....then pre-game John Madden and Pat Summeral would talk about how important the game was, if it was important.

I'm sure/expect it to be more advanced....especially since they went the computer animation route which should give them unlimited flexablity in what they add...compared to John and Pat's pre rendared FMVs.
That's Madden 101 bro...package up old features and sell them as "new"....EA has been doing that for years. At this point I'd be happy if they repackaged the passing cone and sold that as a new feature...it was one of the truly innovative things they did over the years and in their ultimate wisdom chose to remove it from the game.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I guess I'm the only one who really loves the way the game is looking, animations and all. Something about both games this year just seems smoother to me.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #12
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 13 Gameplay Preview from Xplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
It's not truly read and react. Everyone swarms to the ball after it is caught. Defenders should still have to see the ball carrier.
See I dont agree with this at all. I don't know how to exactly explain this but it is more instinctive I guess.

Once the ball is in the air somehow and someway you just know as a defender. I'm sure many here had played the game, and if you played defense you did not chase your man blindly meanwhile the ball has moved. You moved towards the ball pretty instantly regardless of your assignment.

Anyone else understand my statement, and if so please feel free to add to it.

Thanks

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 04-26-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #13
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
That's Madden 101 bro...package up old features and sell them as "new"....EA has been doing that for years. At this point I'd be happy if they repackaged the passing cone and sold that as a new feature...it was one of the truly innovative things they did over the years and in their ultimate wisdom chose to remove it from the game.
I don't really have a problem with that since I have been asking for the features in the past to come back. It's only going to make the game better.

Now with the animations I was not expecting anything special there. It is already proven to me that this engine doesnt allow for true moving animations. Like mentioned ealier as long as the game plays better Im cool, and better A.I is important.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #14
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Well, fundamentally sound players who see the ball (or the players/coaches on the sideline) normally yell "Run!" or "Pass!" on every play. Once that word is yelled defensive players normally start looking for the ball.

Lets all use our imagination and consider someone on the field is yelling those key words.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

lol @ everybody complaining that "they've done this before".

How would YOU replicate a TV broadcast?

Heck, why don't you write angry letters to ESPN saying "you've done this before"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I guess I'm the only one who really loves the way the game is looking, animations and all. Something about both games this year just seems smoother to me.
I'm with you, but I'll still be waiting on impressions from the community before buying. No way I'm getting burned like I was last year. By the way, that last comment also refers to other games not made by EA, just to be clear.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

Last edited by DJ; 04-27-2012 at 01:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »