Home

NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Online

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Online within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #17
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
sounds good to me so far. Live has a decent foundation minus the elite game. I'm optimistic about this game. I think 2k has gotten complacent and needs a challenge to motivate the staff at 2K.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19
sounds like EA is going the opposite direction of 2k by giving the player less control.
soundsliek its going to be an easy pick up and play, which is great for casual gamers. hopefully theyll have a more robust control scheme for hard core sim heads.
This is clearly a wait and see.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #19
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Onl

Quote:
Yet the most palpably concerning expectation felt by NBA Live 13's developers is that gamers will think this should look like and play like a simulation basketball video game built with the luxury of a three-year schedule. It is not. It is a game that will be built on a year's production schedule, the same as its siblings in Madden and NCAA Football two floors above in the same building. The year EA Canada spent building NBA Elite 11 represented a thesis. The year tearing it down was the antithesis. NBA Live 13 will be the synthesis..
So they spent 2 years filtering what they could salvage..... and trying to rebuild in 1 year? Red flags to me... Hard8times gonna have a field day with this demo if it's not up snuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #20
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
A lot of red flags in what they were saying. Only 1 year to work on the game? After 3 years off.....I'm really interested in seeing what they actually did......
Old 04-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Onl

Wait, so instead of taking the two years to make the game from the Elite debacle, they STILL only used one year gaming cycle? Really? unbeliveable. So they're already saying "Don't expect much"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
So they spent 2 years filtering what they could salvage..... and trying to rebuild in 1 year? Red flags to me... Hard8times gonna have a field day with this demo if it's not up snuff.
Thats really unacceptable as a fan. I'm not expecting anything really.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #23
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
You can give any sports company including 2K two years and probably wouldn't get a great game. Maybe The Show would blow us away, but any other game...I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #24
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
Thats really unacceptable as a fan. I'm not expecting anything really.
Indeed... NBA Live 13 is really Elite 11 leftovers of things we havent seen.. LOL. No work necessary, just salvage, Elmers Glue, tape, sprinkles.. and packaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »