Home

EA Sports' GM of Football Discusses Madden and the Next Generation of Consoles

This is a discussion on EA Sports' GM of Football Discusses Madden and the Next Generation of Consoles within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Shop may be a little more in the know then some of the other CD members. I guess they will all see next week...
Don't you mean next month?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #18
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: EA Sports' GM of Football Discusses Madden and the Next Generation of Consoles

I like what he said about having a good foundation in place and being developed. In the transition between last gen and current gen it really did seem like they started from scratch. I think it wasn't all together unlike the transition to the PS2/XBOX also. I really hope they can take the game they've got now and basically just continue to build off of it rather than having to start from scratch. The more seamless the transition the greater Madden becomes.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports' GM of Football Discusses Madden and the Next Generation of Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I like what he said about having a good foundation in place and being developed. In the transition between last gen and current gen it really did seem like they started from scratch. I think it wasn't all together unlike the transition to the PS2/XBOX also. I really hope they can take the game they've got now and basically just continue to build off of it rather than having to start from scratch. The more seamless the transition the greater Madden becomes.
This is what I thought this gen and the past was doing each and every year, I got to play the Nex Gen madden (rushed version) at E3 and it wasnt the same as playing on the PS2 or Xbox, it felt better physically on the field than how madden plays now. I assumed a little tweaking and building and that would have been it.

But this is good news if this is the case!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
Don't you mean next month?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
No CD members meaning Community Day members will be visiting EA next week to get a look at the most recent build, but idk if the monumental change will be in then or not.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #21
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Very interesting interview with EA Football Czar Cam Weber (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah because that was a month ago
lol yeah that too. Didn't even catch it the first time around.

I still don't think it's a new physics engine. It's going to be something else. Think about it, they've shown everything they're going to show on NCAA (I think), and these games were co-developed by the same team. If one had RTP and the other didn't, that'd be a huge mistake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor-17
So,it sounds like they are taking this engine into the next gen. Great!!! So, anyone hoping for a fresh start and a new and improved (cough..real physics...cough) engine are going to be disappinted.
you do not know that, none of us do. We'll see what they have when the next systems come out winter 2013. Until then lets give the new restructure at Tiburon the benefit of doubt and use Madden 13 as a way of telling which way they are headed. Personally i have a good feeling about Madden 13 with the double man power and new leadership at hand. I have a good feeling about the new creative designer there at Tiburon as well "Mike Young"
Old 05-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #23
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
I liked this article & i'm more confident about Madden NFL Football games now that Cam Weber & a new team is on board.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #24
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor-17
So,it sounds like they are taking this engine into the next gen. Great!!! So, anyone hoping for a fresh start and a new and improved (cough..real physics...cough) engine are going to be disappinted.
No, it actually sounds like they have a plan for next gen, unlike this gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »