Home

NCAA Football 13 Preview - More Details on Rece Davis (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Preview - More Details on Rece Davis (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 13 Preview - More Details on Rece Davis (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
Progress is always nice. Its just not enough to convince me to buy a $60 "patch."
$45 "patch" if you pre order on Amazon.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #10
Rookie

lionden_56's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
Are the updates tied into what teams im playing as? If im a top 25 big 12 team, I want studio updates on other top 25 teams and maybe other key big 12 games. If im in the MAC and hunting for a conference title, I dont want to see what 2 SEC schools are doing. I want updates on my MAC foes. Hopefully updates are relevant to my team.
They said in the Playbook that part of every update would have something to do with the user...be it a conference game, BCS rating game, rival, or past or future team on your schedule.

But if there are only six toss-backs, and you can see up to 10 a game, that means that eventually you'll hear duplicates in your first game, meaning that once again the audio will become stale very quickly.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
This makes sense. That is why I doubt EA thought of this.
They said in the webcast that the updates would relate to your conference/dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionden_56
They said in the Playbook that part of every update would have something to do with the user...be it a conference game, BCS rating game, rival, or past or future team on your schedule.

But if there are only six toss-backs, and you can see up to 10 a game, that means that eventually you'll hear duplicates in your first game, meaning that once again the audio will become stale very quickly.
IMO, these types of things only become annoyingly repetitive when they are taken beyond "basic". For example, you'll hear a million times watching real college football on Saturdays, "That's it for now, back to you Brad".

If it's six variations of that, it won't be so noticeably repetitive because it's so simple. What stands out in videogames is when we hear stories, or goofy one-liners repeated, because they so much more apparent. If one of those toss-backs is "Alright Brad, well just like your mom's cooking, this game was terrible... back to you"... then yes, THAT would get really repetitive.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
IMO, these types of things only become annoyingly repetitive when they are taken beyond "basic". For example, you'll hear a million times watching real college football on Saturdays, "That's it for now, back to you Brad".

If it's six variations of that, it won't be so noticeably repetitive because it's so simple. What stands out in videogames is when we hear stories, or goofy one-liners repeated, because they so much more apparent. If one of those toss-backs is "Alright Brad, well just like your mom's cooking, this game was terrible... back to you"... then yes, THAT would get really repetitive.
Agree 100%. No quicker way to notice video game commentary getting repetitive that when then throw outlandish comments in there. If they code it to pop up once every 50 games, then great. Put usually that is not the case.

I am optimistic about the studio updates, but cautiously so. I am an "immersion guy". The key is knowing what games I am interested in, and that is HARD. In the preview, it looked like it recognized USC was a top 25 teams, and it showed other top 25 scores. Although if I am USC in that case, I am not sure I really care about an ACC matchup with teams ranked in the teens.

....actually, thinking about this a little more, it would be great if before each game, we could choose the games we wanted updates on. The system could default to some games (whatever mechinism they implemented), but we could go in and click or unclick contests to get updates on.

Regardless of how it turns out, I am happy with the attempt, and direction.

Last edited by Cardot; 05-11-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
Are the updates tied into what teams im playing as? If im a top 25 big 12 team, I want studio updates on other top 25 teams and maybe other key big 12 games. If im in the MAC and hunting for a conference title, I dont want to see what 2 SEC schools are doing. I want updates on my MAC foes. Hopefully updates are relevant to my team.
I believe they mentioned that in the dynasty webcast. The Studio Updates will be relevant to your team. Of course, saying it and it happening are different.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #15
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Agree 100%. No quicker way to notice video game commentary getting repetitive that when then throw outlandish comments in there. If they code it to pop up once every 50 games, then great. Put usually that is not the case.

I am optimistic about the studio updates, but cautiously so. I am an "immersion guy". The key is knowing what games I am interested in, and that is HARD. In the preview, it looked like it recognized USC was a top 25 teams, and it showed other top 25 scores. Although if I am USC in that case, I am not sure I really care about an ACC matchup with teams ranked in the teens.

....actually, thinking about this a little more, it would be great if before each game, we could choose the games we wanted updates on. The system could default to some games (whatever mechinism they implemented), but we could go in and click or unclick contests to get updates on.

Regardless of how it turns out, I am happy with the attempt, and direction.
You got to remember, The Pac 12 teams usually play later in the day. The ACC and Big 10 games are usually noonish type of games.

By the time USC took the field to play a game, the only games with top teams that would be available for update that early are the ACC, Big 10, SEC, matchups.

By the 3rd or 4th quarter, that is when the updates for the Pac 12 games would start coming in.

Plus I think it made sense to show the two ACC games, because it was two top 15 teams being upset by unranked teams.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionden_56

well I for one am one of those guys who read all the stats and scores of other games so this could save me some time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »