Home

NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 33
Re: NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Does the NHL series even need a new mechanics overhaul? If that's what I think the trailer is implying....

I wish they would spend more time on tuning the sim engine, upgrade be a gm, and have better player face models like the show has. That would be fantastic.
Totally agree. This game has issues & they're not in the gameplay.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #18
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

i was think skating engine as well..

anything has to be better than the skating engine now, right? i mean the starting and stopping on a dime.

they had it tuned that if you did that you would fall over last year. but to many guys complained about it so they changed it back to normal this year.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
Coming in NHL 13: Waggle your stick even more and be even more invincible to stick checks. Score on any A.I. goalie and de-pants any A.I. defenders using this simple set of commands — they're not glitches, folks — they're WOW moments.

Wait, we already had all that?

Er... Uh... Play with occasionally-updated rosters in NHL 13!!

(Rosters may incur additional fees)
Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 4

the only thing I can guess is it is the PS Move/ Kinect compatibility.

Gamestop.com originally had their default nhl 13 covers up (with the shadow hockey player) thats up now but the 360 version had the kinect logo and the PS3 one had the move logo up at the top of the box. Those pictures were taken down and replaced with the ones up now that dont feature the logos. I figured maybe they goofed, but it maybe they simply put the wrong ones up too early.

I figured their ad for NHL 13 would be "NHL 13....a game so close to the ice it constantly freezes."
Old 05-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #21
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Well since this is the year the physics engine is suppose to be complete, I could see the skating and such getting an overhaul. If so, that and a Presentation overhaul would be fine with me for a year. Then next year focus on an AI overhaul along with adding depth to BAGM. I understand they can't possibly get it all in one year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 15

hmm they still didnt fix it

the reebok stick it still showed the gray tile box lol in this teaser
Old 05-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #23
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
oh who invited that guy ^^

Really if your that close minded why even bother watching. Unless Stamkos skates through your TV and invites you to play your not going to be happy.

NHL 12 is one of the few games that I play after 6 months after release date and I can say there are plenty of others who agree.

Its not perfect but its a great game, and you are hating on us for liking it and not being miserable about it.

EA takes a lot of heat but I think they do a pretty good job with NHL. Especially compared to the competition. Which they beat out without the need of a license deal
You`re spilling your koolaid on me,...so step back.

Ea`s lack of abililty to handle criticism about their shoddy game is as bad as their shoddy game.

I also have no doubt that a licensing deal would be made if someone ever challenges to make a better product,.....which is also likely why there aren`t any current challengers.
It isn`t worth the investment anymore,except by EA,.....and seeing as they have the monopoly now,they get to make a garbage product and laugh all the way to the bank.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Does the NHL series even need a new mechanics overhaul? If that's what I think the trailer is implying....

I wish they would spend more time on tuning the sim engine, upgrade be a gm, and have better player face models like the show has. That would be fantastic.
Because doing the things they need to do to make the game BETTER all around than last year's, just means two things to them: you become a happy gamer, and they lose your money the following year. Don't be fooled, incremental development (and taking away stuff that works) isn't all about changing technology.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »