Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Well, its better than before. Nothing groundbreaking in those clips and it already had a repeat in the audio(Simms uses the same line after a team scored a offensive touchdown). I know its early, but i've been down this road a few times and know that there will be small improvements from these versions, but nothing drastically different. Hopefully when the crowd gets mixed in there it adds another layer to their sound. Right now, they sound like two guys in a studio, not two guys at the stadium.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

I think it looked pretty good. Nothing ground breaking, but I didn't expect that.

Sound is a definite improvement.

It looks like gameplay is smoother to me.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Not to nitpick but it sounds very raw and bland and Jim's reaction on what seems to be a Vick lead opening drive TD for the Eagles @ home seems very lifeless ala Tom Hammond. Hopefully this is just super early footage because they seem on the right track.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Sounds pretty decent. Ain't expecting it to sound great right now. These are just small clips. Gameplay looks pretty decent aswell. All this is fine for now. Just waiting to see longer and better videos come June 4th. Not jumping the gun on game clips right now.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Im not gonna Lie, that looked just like 10-11.

Not impressed.

The dumervil sack was a joke and Line play seemed as bad as ever. No "riding" The DE around the QB at all, means no pocket.

Same crappy Audible animations, defense players look like statues Pre Snap.

Same "Instant Stop" celebrations by teammates, everyone does there own thing, no one "Crowds" the dude the made the play like in real life.

Just bad IMO.
These clips have already been seen before. They was even in Madden13 playbook live stream a few weeks back. These are some old alpha clips done been seen,but audio has been added to them. I wouldn't worry right now.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

It seems like they're really hesitant to give us a lot of different stuff to disect and analyze. Not a whole lot of what we saw today was completely brand new. And the fact that we got such a small sample of gameplay commentary and even that is segmented is a bit suspicious. All it does though is peek my interest in what is going to happen on June 4th and how big it is going to be.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #15
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12

It seems to me that the stadium audio and the on field audio are not completely synced yet, but it is pre alpha build/WIP gameplay. I'm not too impressed at the moment, but then again, I'm not impressed with a partially finished house...its not 'til the house is finished when I can give an honest assessment of it. Same with Madden
MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
sheesh it looks like the gameply is being played on fast

i still don't understand why they still have the same lackluster audible system. when im playing another user on the same xbox/ps3 i have to tell them to look down....what happen to Up on the right stick was deep pass, Down was run, right was play action and left was quick pass.. i hate i cant disguise my audibles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »