Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
It looks like gameplay is smoother to me.
Agreed -- I felt this way coming out of CD back in February. In my opinion, the changes to the passing game have made Madden feel more organic than it ever has. Again, my opinion.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
sheesh it looks like the gameply is being played on fast

i still don't understand why they still have the same lackluster audible system. when im playing another user on the same xbox/ps3 i have to tell them to look down....what happen to Up on the right stick was deep pass, Down was run, right was play action and left was quick pass.. i hate i cant disguise my audibles
Those clips are of an old build of the game. Plus with the speed part. You should have speed option to turn it down when you get the game like you have the past few years now. Still early. No worries until June 4th comes and E3 gets here.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #19
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm not very impressed by the commentary at this early stage, but I'm going to reserve judgment until we get closer to release day. It still possesses a disjointed flow in this stage of development (IMHO).
Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
First off, I'm normally very positive when it comes to Madden but this is more of the same, just different commentators. Two things bother me, still long pauses at certain times, and when a big play happens, you dont even hear the crowd get louder. Seriously, this is more of the same. Another tip, how about if a big play happens and the announcers are talking about something else, they should break conversation and get excited about the int, td etc. then go back to talking about what was interrupted. Just sayin
Old 05-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #21
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I think what hurts the pre-game stuff is that there's no crowd noise anywhere (at least not yet). It makes it all sound, well, not so real I guess.

I came away feeling it sounded alright. Better than last year for sure, but I still don't understand why professional commentators are calling players "he" instead of their last name. That's one big reason why the commentary sounds generic--it's not personalized.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #22
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
this is early but i liked what i saw. nothing really big caught my eye but i am excited for more.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #23
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
It seems to me that the stadium audio and the on field audio are not completely synced yet, but it is pre alpha build/WIP gameplay. I'm not too impressed at the moment, but then again, I'm not impressed with a partially finished house...its not 'til the house is finished when I can give an honest assessment of it. Same with Madden
Yeah Im not going to put too much stock into this because it looked like for whatever reason the crowd audio wasn't syncing up right

In future vids though I want to see them add large/loud crowd swells during Nantz an Simms intro.....They need to avoid what NCAA has with all that Dead Time in their intros

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
To me, it's a bad sign when EA, or any developer, play up improvements to commentary and presentation. It's freaking gameplay we care about most. Yes, presentation, sound, graphics are hugely important when it comes to the overall experience, but i'd be happy with no commentary and average graphics if gameplay was awesome. For what it's worth, i found the commentary in this clip awful, no emotion, robotic and plain dull. As an aside, why do the players look like they are weightless!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »