Home

Madden NFL 13 Hands-On Impressions From Community Event #3 (DLG)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Hands-On Impressions From Community Event #3 (DLG) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #33
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 13 Hands-On Impressions From Community Event #3 (DLG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Honestly to elaborate a little bit more, I didn't feel the "boost" while user catching versus Madden 12. Let's also not forget that the DB's actually make plays on the ball this year and will knock you senseless in mid air when you grab the ball. There are a ton more drops due to contact so far this year. Maybe more than I saw in all of Madden 12.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I hope that the defenders are exponentially better in attacking receivers when there is no chance for them to go for a pick. I only play vs the CPU, but I still like User Catching if possible. In the past it has always been way to overpowered in the User's favor.

One question, has the animation where the defensive player will try to go for a pick while behind the receiver finally been eradicated? It's the one where he acts like he's the receiver and tries to catch the ball at his waist instead of trying to pop the receiver or get his hand in there to break up the play.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
Highly doubt it. Every area appears to have been touched whether its lighting, sound effects, complete overhauls to passings or minor adjustments like tuning OL/DL interaction. Tackling is easily as important as any of them yet not a single word. Seems WAY too suspicious. Not even a peep from CD attendees.
I've learned to keep my expectations low when it comes to Madden.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #35
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Why not?!? Over powered user catching was one of ky pet peeves from last year. What?!? You haven't heard me complain about scrubs becoming studs because of user catching in my YouTube vids lol?!? I wouldn't be giddy about it if it was like last year, you are gonna have to trust me until you get hands on.

Now I feel a little better.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I hope that the defenders are exponentially better in attacking receivers when there is no chance for them to go for a pick. I only play vs the CPU, but I still like User Catching if possible. In the past it has always been way to overpowered in the User's favor.

One question, has the animation where the defensive player will try to go for a pick while behind the receiver finally been eradicated? It's the one where he acts like he's the receiver and tries to catch the ball at his waist instead of trying to pop the receiver or get his hand in there to break up the play.
I played about 20 games or so and I can't recall seeing it. It may have happened but if it did, it didn't stand out to me.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 16

I guarantee there will be no true physics in regards to tackling come june 4th. Why would they release gameplay videos to the media showing lackluster tackling only to change up June 4th and reveal RTP. Just doesn't make any sense IMO.

I'm just going by EA's previous track record.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I guarantee there will be no true physics in regards to tackling come june 4th. Why would they release gameplay videos to the media showing lackluster tackling only to change up June 4th and reveal RTP. Just doesn't make any sense IMO.

I also find myself thinking that, but then I get to thinking if it's not the tackling then what could this monumental gameplay change be?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

So here's a question about user catching and defending the pass. I user catch most everything and user defend most everything, though I play exclusively offline.

Now with all the new catch animations, are these available to those of us who user catch? I ask this because on the rare occasion that I don't user catch or defend a pass I see animations I've never seen when doing it myself.

What have ye to say on that point, CR?

Last edited by RogueHominid; 05-14-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan

EA's track record would certainly back your statement. However, hopefully this is the year they finally break that mold. Anyway, when you think of the timing it wouldnt be a bad time to un-veil something like RTP's. June 4th is the first day of E3. If Madden came out and said "We now have a real time physics engine for tackling" it would blow the doors off of E3. Madden would get so much hype it would be incredible. (Assuming the physics engine works as advertised) They could then ride that momentum right through the summer and on to August 28th.

Honestly, assuming it is something as big as an excellent RTP's engine, it is true marketing genious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »