Home

NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming: Part 2

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming: Part 2 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming: Part 2

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming

It couldn't be anymore obvious. AFAIC it's all but a guarantee. How anyone could balk at the skating theory after these 2 blatantly obvious teasers, is beyond me.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

"NHL 11 -- The first team sports game with real world physics"

Um:

Backbreaker -- Jun 1, 2010
NHL 11 -- Sep 7, 2010

And the physics in the NHL series are still no where close to what Natural Motion achieved in their two Backbreaker games, especially Backbreaker: Vengeance.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Um:

NHL 11 -- Sep 7, 2010

And the physics in the NHL series are still no where close to what Natural Motion achieved in their two Backbreaker games, especially Backbreaker: Vengeance.
Backbreaker didn't have the same physics engine and even it's physics engine had its issues (players going down to easy).
Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBot
While i do agree with most of your post, i refuse to agree with the comment in bold. Sorry but this game does not play very well. Maybe against human opponents who don't glitch but otherwise no. The AI is just broken. It needs to be fixed. The way the AI attacks and defends needs to be rewritten. It so bad that you can tell when the cheating script kicks in. Does the AI need to cheat? Absolutely, otherwise they would be easy to beat. The thing that separates good AI from bad AI is how well the cheating is disguised. It is not disguised well in NHL 12 at all. Its there for everyone to see. The AI needs some serious work.
the difference between good and bad ai is NOT the disguise of cheating logic, but rather the presence or ABSENCE of cheating logic. 2k10 for example 0 cheating logic.....if you play well and dominate you will win big. same as pro evo soccer. it can be done. cheating logic is unacceptable in any sports game whether it 's disguised or not and reeks of lazy or subpar programming.On the other hand, I absolutely agree with you on the general point that nhl 12 doesnt play well at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by phillyfan23; 05-16-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityBCRT
I've had some contact with the development team over the years and in general been following the product closely. So I have a good idea of what this trailer is pointing to. A lot of us in the community over at thebreakaway.net started complaining about the bad checking, puck & skating physics a few years back. EA took note and mainly worked on the checking/contact the last two years. Based on what I heard in the past (it was too much work to do both skating & checking physics all in one year) NHL 13 was going to be the year they revamp the skating physics.
Not sure if you were at any of the community events, but during the one I was at (prior to NHL11 release), I took the broken record approach to asking for improved skating. I was badgering Redshirt about it while we were on the ice at the real rink for our shinny game with the dev team. If they can successfully rebuild skating, it should drastically increase my interest in the series -- which is currently at it's lowest point since the PS2 days.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Um:

NHL 11 -- Sep 7, 2010

Never played Backbreaker, but NHL's physics engine is not really realistic. I mean how many times do you see a guy get hit and do three horizontal flips? Or Brian Gionta taking out Zdeno Chara? It makes me laugh sometimes.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Never played Backbreaker, but NHL's physics engine is not really realistic. I mean how many times do you see a guy get hit and do three horizontal flips? Or Brian Gionta taking out Zdeno Chara? It makes me laugh sometimes.
Should note, the engine was still in development during NHL 11 and 12. This years game it's suppose to be completed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »