Home

Beating A Premiere European Team in FIFA with an MLS Squad

This is a discussion on Beating A Premiere European Team in FIFA with an MLS Squad within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Beating A Premiere European Team in FIFA with an MLS Squad

Soccer just isn't as popular here in the States. But for the few who love the sport, and prefer MLS over most, FIFA can get frustrating. In any game, you want to beat the best of the best with your team So how are you supposed to beat Man City with the Vancouver Whitecaps? Bo McCready knows...

Read More - Beating A Premier European Team in FIFA with an MLS Squad
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I like using Sporting KC becuase of their athletic trio of CJ Sapong, Kei Kamara, and Teal Bunbury. All three of them are able to score from most places in the box, and the free form style of KC allows even defenders to get into the play sometimes.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
My latest CM project has been taking the LA Galaxy, moving them to England (to the Championship, b/c those were the teams whose levels they were on, and trying to make them a Premier League power. I have pretty much totally rehauled the roster, but the first year (I'm in my second) I took out teams like Fulham and Sunderland out of the cup tournaments. I didn't get a chance to go head to head with the elite, but I do like my chances. But as for which team I use in exhibitions when trying to take out an elite English team? I like Colorado Rapids because of players like Wynne, Joseph Johnson and Syanna Nyassi (sp?). My game is very dependent on speed and I try to find as much of it as possible on the outsides and the attacking third with Conor Casey is very talented.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21
Nice post, these tips also apply to playing higher rated teams online for mostly the same reasons.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
Rookie

RamzaLugria's Arena

OVR: 5
Interesting post, but it's a myth that soccer isn't popular here. Just look at the average attendance for all the major team sports. The media doesn't like it because there are no breaks for commercials.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Beating A Premiere European Team in FIFA with an MLS Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaLugria
Interesting post, but it's a myth that soccer isn't popular here. Just look at the average attendance for all the major team sports. The media doesn't like it because there are no breaks for commercials.
Its not the media, it's the networks. Although I'm not a huge fan of MLS, the Union are drawing very well here despite playing in the ugly cesspool that is Chester, Pa.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have a better way of beating premier European clubs with an MLS team (or an A-League team from Australia). In the edit clubs menu, transfer the entire world eleven to your desired club! Challenging,no. Fun, yes!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
I've had a great time with my career mode. It's made this my game of the year, in any genre, by far. I play in the MLS, with "expansion" team PR Islanders, a created/downloaded team who replaced the NE Revolution (rated about the same as NE). My first season was a losing season, but by year 2 I had picked up a striker from the Mexican league, Omar Arellano, and he really thrived in my system, one year leading the MLS in goals. But the NY Red Bulls had my number and eliminated me a couple of times in the playoffs. Henry had some sick goals on us. I also missed the playoffs once despite having a good squad, almost made me quit. Finally, in my 4th year, after putting together a solid lineup made up of created Islander players and some pick ups from different leagues, mostly rated in low 70's, I made one more fun, matched up vs nemesis Red Bulls in first round and won home-away in penalty kicks after a 1-1 aggregate. Then scored late to make the finals. In the finals I was scored on in the 16th minute, and looked like a 1-0 cup title win for Dallas FC, but Arellano himself found a through pass in the 90th minute and scored a dramatic goal to extend the game. A sub I used then made a great run in the second extra time and found Islanders' real life striker Nicholas Addlery for the game winner. Quite a playoff run for my first title. Very exciting. Anyway, I like how they match me up vs some european teams in pre-season friendlies. Just lost 1-0 to Bordeaux (sic) from French league. I played Manchester City the previous season and drew them. Ball control and field position are two keys to playing superior teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »