Home

Sound Off: How Big is the New SEC/Big XII Bowl Game?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: How Big is the New SEC/Big XII Bowl Game? within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #17
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Sound Off: How Big is the New SEC/Big XII Bowl Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
If I'm looking into it too much, then just about every writer in the country is looking into it too much, since this is the reaction everyone is having:

Dennis Dodd‏@dennisdoddcbs

This Big 12/SEC announcement absolutely consolidates power, money in top four leagues. Sugar now mirrors Rose in tradition, money, power,

Matt Hayes‏@Matt_HayesSN

Anyone who thinks this won't lead to more expansion is nuts. It's on the horizon -- and it's unstoppable.

Stewart Mandel‏@slmandel

There may be no more official AQ/non-AQs, but there is now an unofficial line in the sand between SEC/Big 12, Big Ten/Pac-12 & everyone else

I also seriously doubt the SEC would align with the Big 12 like this if they opposed Slive in his quest to keep the playoffs to the 1-4 schools only.
Sports writers often look into things too much. Remember the crazy conference realignment reporting we got two years ago?

I agree with those saying the Big 12's turnaround is amazing.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0
Look, Let's stop the nonsense.... Have the Conference Championships (A De Facto Playoff Game), Have the Bowl Games be just as they've always been, (Another De Facto Playoff tier), and then when the dust has cleared on Jan 2nd, place the top 4 teams still standing in a playoff.
What's so difficult about that ?
So far as a Big12/SEC bowl game, what happens to the Cotton and Sugar Bowls? I presume they're talking about the Conference Champions here. And besides, other than Texas and Oklahoma, who else is there that can legitimately match up to an SEC Champion?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #19
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

I think this game stays in New Orleans and becomes the Sugar Bowl. I don't see the SEC letting it's biggest non-National Title bowl leaving SEC country.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #20
MVP

Travis40's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyGreen
I think this game stays in New Orleans and becomes the Sugar Bowl. I don't see the SEC letting it's biggest non-National Title bowl leaving SEC country.
The best solution would be to have the game alternate between New Orleans and Arlington every year.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Not happy of all this realignment talk and its implications for the ACC, a league I enjoy watching. Money talks, I guess.

Hopefully Virginia ends up in one of the four viable remaining conferences once all the dust settles, it'd be a shame for my school, arguably the best school in the nation, to not have a place at the table on the premier stage of college football, regardless of how realistic a national championship for the Cavaliers may or may not be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #22
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I really hate $$$. Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #23
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis40
The best solution would be to have the game alternate between New Orleans and Arlington every year.
I like this. It depends on how much pull the Big 12 has. With the SEC just absolutely dominating college football lately I think the Big 12 has piggybacked on their success and if the SEC is anybit the wise, they'll do their best to keep this game as the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans but I could definitely see your scenario with the Superdome and Jerry World alternating but if the Cotton Bowl becomes a BCS game then I don't see it happening.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Just curious what this means for the current bowls, is this going to be a new BCS bowl with a new site. Is it going to take the place of Fiesta or Sugar Bowl or what.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »