Home

iOOTP 2012 Review (iDevices)

This is a discussion on iOOTP 2012 Review (iDevices) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
iOOTP 2012 Review (iDevices)

The handheld iOOTP 2012 is the creation of a sick-minded individual who takes pleasure in a loss of productivity for mankind.

At least, that's the story I'm going to stick with as I review yet another magnificent release from Out of the Park Developments.

This year's iOOTP 2012 is a baseball text-simulation which was released a couple of weeks ago in the App Store for your iDevices (iPad or iPhone). While you won't confuse this game with iOOTP's big brother, Out of the Park Baseball, it still represents a highly accessible and deep text-sim, especially given the $5 price tag.

Read More - iOOTP 2012 Review (iDevices)
Platform: iPhone / iPad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Its a great game, I have been playing it ever since it was released.

I have purchased both 11 and 12, though I dont really see what parts were streamlined. I like the (addition of?) the trade block, as you can usually find bargains there if you head there. Also it seems that the contract aspect of things has become a little more realistic.

I give it a 10/10... it is exactly what I am looking for and it is very addicting.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: iOOTP 2012 Review (iDevices)

Loved 11 last year and am loving 12 even more this year. For me, by far, the greatest addition is the History screen (with how I obtained my guys) and the Awards screen. So easy to lose yourself in this universe you create. I play this more than any other app I ever bought (and probably more than any other game I have bought for any system). If you are a baseball fan and you don't have it, get it!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
I have 11 and 12. I also have OOTP 13 for pc. Even though Ootp is much more in depth, I end up playing iootp much more. Mostly because I have it on my iPad. I love this game. I had never had a text sim, other than football mogul, and now I am hooked! Baseball is perfect for the text sim genre. I would recommend this game to any baseball game fan.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10
I am now just waiting for this developer to make a football version... I would be a lifetime buyer!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
I went ahead and jumped in to my first OOTP game ever - I'm sick and tired of the Mariners being blah every year.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12
Which is better? Baseball Mogul or this? I've been playing BBM for about 4 years now and it has been a blast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »