Home

NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 13 Webcast Starting Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

Quote:
No faceoff kick-outs. They don't want to slow the game down.
How ridiculous can you be?It's part of the game. So much for their slogan!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Some good stuff, especially the momentum on turns. They mentioned less control of shots & passes at top speed; I really hope that includes puck control as well. It should be fairly easy to lose the puck in the one-handed acceleration stride.

Along those lines, I wonder if the physics-based skating will improve the collision physics? More bumps, loss of balance and momentum, etc.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

The skating/momentum looks like it will be good for both forwards and Dmen.

I`m not very excited about what I saw of the goalies though.

There was a few good things about the goalies,.. better? AI ,more (AI only?) save animations,...

I saw some of the same old garbage......the 1950`s upright post hug was being used like it was 1950,...not 2012,where nobody uses it.
Every time the goalie went to the post hug,it was this move.
Why aren`t the modern ones in the game given the highest priority over this sad exploit riddled stance?

The same with the VH looking like the same unrealistic movements,...going from post to post and switching legs......something you can`t even do in the real world,especially at the speed they let you do it in the game.
Plus,they leave the post too early from this stance,which I explain an instance below.

I didn`t see the paddle down being used by the goalie in the actual practice ice footage.(...as is what I`m using to base the other comments on too.)
The Stamkos part of cutting to the net,....he cuts to the net,and is in tight to the right post,...and the goalie not only doesn`t poke check,which would have ended it right there,(paddle down poke check to be specific.)....but not only didn`t he poke check,....he left the post too early.
Stamkos isn`t even at the net ,he`s almost halfway to the corner and the goalie should NOT be leaving the post that early.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I think more people would be annoyed by them than would appreciate them.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 05-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon

There was a few good things about the goalies,.. better? AI ,more (AI only?) save animations,...

I saw some of the same old garbage......the 1950`s upright post hug was being used like it was 1950,...not 2012,where nobody uses it.
Why aren`t the modern ones in the game given the highest priority over this sad exploit riddled stance?

The same with the VH looking like the same unrealistic movements,...going from post to post and switching legs......something you can`t even do in the real world,especially at the speed they let you do it in the game.
Plus,they leave the post too early from this stance,which I explain an instance below.

I didn`t see the paddle down being used by the goalie in the actual practice ice footage.(...as is what I`m using to base the other comments on too.)
The Stamkos part of cutting to the net,....he cuts to the net,and is in tight to the right post,...and the goalie not only doesn`t poke check,which would have ended it right there,(paddle down poke check to be specific.)....but not only didn`t he poke check,....he left the post too early.
Stamkos isn`t even at the net ,he`s almost halfway to the corner and the goalie should NOT be leaving the post that early.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I think more people would be annoyed by them than would appreciate them.
It would prevent people from spamming draws out of the upright stance with no grip.

Right now that's a major exploit in faceoffs.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
agreed. at the very least have it involved in the offline modes and turned off in the online side of things!!

same goes for incidental player contact, he said it can be done, but makes the game sloppy. um hello, hockey is a sloppy game a lot of the times. again, have this for offline guys and off for online until you tune it correct. siiiiiigh!!

i really liked hearing about the online gm mode. being able to have 6 guys on the same team OTP style throughout the season will be awesome. i wonder if we can use our be a pro players, or just have all 6 on ice using that teams roster etc?

the skating seemed like this years skating when he was using the LT button.. or was that just me? looked way to responsive, making sharp cuts. when he wasnt using it the skating looked much improved. anybody else notice that?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Last edited by Fiddy; 05-28-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon

1. It's still alpha. 2. All your complaints will most likely be tuned. Holy negative nancy batman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »