Home

NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #65
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Nice addition I guess. But I already lost my interest in the dunk contest since VC won it few years ago. It's not the same. RL or in Game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Will further details on All-Star Weekend be released in the near future? Or will this be a situation where we must wait until the pre-release developer diaries?
Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #67
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I hope this has full Association integration. I also imagine that 2k will make this purchasable after the game comes out. More ways to get money.
The way how the legends were handled last year I wouldn't count on it. We had a HUGE thread just so we can add the missing legends for there respective teams. A damn workaround but then later on we had to purchase the DLC so we can just add the missing players....

I would expect that this will be like some stand alone where it's another option like the Blacktop mode.

Also I'm not seeing the PC version listed for the All Star mode...;.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #68
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Also I'm not seeing the PC version listed for the All Star mode...;.
Count on it not being in it either. They never deliver DLC to us PC gamers. If this ASW thing is as good as advertised, I may switch to the PS3 version. But even then, this thing should be apart of the regular game.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #69
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Pretty standard, not surprised. It's still a cool announcement for some people I guess.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #70
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Unless this makes it into season, association, and MP modes where it should be this is pretty unimpressive to me. I'm all for All-Star Weekend being standalone also, but really what is the point of an All-Star Weekend if it doesn't make it into the correct game modes that actually utilizes the All-Star break. Another thing is why does this have to even be a pre-order bonus...this is a part of the NBA it's not some onetime event so the fact this it's a dlc is just disheartening and makes no sense and 2K should know better than this.

On another note I hope they get rid of those hideous uniforms in the Rising Star Challenge and put the players in there original team jersey's like it's suppose to be.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

2K was smart on this one though, forcing people to pre order the game now, and if you don't you will have to buy this mode later....

Anyway if this has nothing to do with MP or Association then its not relevant to me... I hated the way the Dunk Contest was in blacktop mode so I hope they redid it to be more like Lives!

But we have all summer and fall for info so I guess I will sit back and watch!

Last edited by deetoman; 05-30-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2
How I loathe "downloadable content" and pre-order specials. Focusing on making money the wrong way with Madden-esque gimmicks. Make a great game and the pre-orders will come! I got my eye on you 2k. For those who think oh it's only $5 that you already were going to pay that's exactly how they want you to feel as business men, but the overall point is they are devauling something on purpose to make extra money. It is obvious that the all-star mode could be in everyone's game. That is fact. So they are obviously supressing things for money.. also known as ripping somebody off. This is just bad publicity to me because the excuse is everyone does it so we have to also to keep up. This is the Madden theory, taking stuff out of games to put in later. Like making something as bare as possible so that you have the core to base all your additional (DLC) or future (newer versions) purchases on. All the same ideas. It's smart in a money sense but you are sacrificing dignity for those extra bucks in the eyes of somebody who understands the dynamics. Most don't though and don't care to ever understand it, so it works.

“The NBA All-Star package is our way saying ‘thank you’ to fans for their ongoing love of the NBA 2K series,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This content provides a ton of depth and value to our fans, and it’s just the beginning of a lot of big news about NBAŽ 2K13.”

This is the type of two-faced business talk that rules our government too and it makes me sick. You just made a game mode and are telling people they will have to pay extra for it if they don't want to pre-order. So you're holding me hostage over $5? I guess I should say I appreciate the gratitude of NBA 2k for even making a new mode and not just releasing last year's game with new rosters! So gracious of you 2k. You better slow your role 2k. The government has woken people up!

Last edited by kevin23; 05-30-2012 at 12:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »