Home

NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #81
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

If you are going to do something as dumb as this might as well ad on the Haier shooting challenge and the skills challenge. Make it seem like you are actually bringing something new to the table and not recycling stuff.

“The NBA All-Star package is our way saying ‘thank you’ to fans for their ongoing love of the NBA 2K series,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports.

Thanks a lot...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #82
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
This is the big news? Not impressed.
I agree the announcement was a letdown.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #83
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

OVR: 0
bout time........

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #84
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

I think people cry just to hear themselves cry. I couple of points:

1. This is a PREORDER campaign. This isn't a way to squeeze $5 EXTRA from anyone. You still spend the same money. The only difference is that you pre-order it or don't.

2. The old 2K street mode was taken out because it was crap.

3. As stated, you can pre-order from many places and not just Amazon. If you're not that excited about getting the game on release, then I don't see how missing out on a sub-mode is much of a big deal. If you're THAT much of a fan, buy the game sooner. Same money.

4. I don't think anyone would really consider this a "big" announcement from a game standpoint. So getting your hopes up at THIS point was kind of silly. Everything is supposedly a "big" announcement. I bet Ronnie2K was the one calling this a "big" announcement. Typical. When will you folks learn that the dude EVERYTHING a big announcement. It's E3 season. Hell they consider cover athlete announcements as "big". Give me a break. The day I buy a game because of the cover is the day they find the Fountain of Youth and made me 6 years old again.

Just saying.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 05-30-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I think people cry just to hear themselves cry. I couple of points:

1. This is a PREORDER campaign. This isn't a way to squeeze $5 EXTRA from anyone. You still spend the same money. The only difference is that you pre-order it or don't.

2. The old 2K street mode was taken out because it was crap.

3. As stated, you can pre-order from many places and not just Amazon. If you're not that excited about getting the game on release, then I don't see how missing out on a sub-mode is much of a big deal. If you're THAT much of a fan, buy the game sooner. Same money.

4. I don't think anyone would really consider this a "major" announcement from a game standpoint. So getting your hopes up at THIS point was kind of silly. It's E3 season. Everything is supposedly a "major" announcement. Hell they call cover athlete announcements as "major". Give me a break. The day I buy a game because of the cover is the day they find the Fountain of Youth and made me 6 years old again.

Just saying.
1. True, but the fact that they got our hopes up for this is what is making everyone mad. Had they not made an announcement about this and made us speculate what it could be, we would love this feature.

2. That's an opinion. I loved it and knew many people that did too.

3. I agree.

4. Yeah, maybe we shouldn't have gotten our hopes up, but how could we not? We haven't heard anything from 2K13 yet, so we were starving for info. True 2K fans were waiting long and hard for this announcement. You can say we shouldn't have because blah blah blah, but true fans will get their hopes up for an announcement about a game in which we haven't heard one thing about yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd be really surprised if this was fully integrated into 2k13 rather than a standalone add-on.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #87
Rookie

Marc_Rez's Arena

OVR: 6

I just went to Gamestop website and they too have the NBA AllStar weekend add-on if you pre-order so it's not Amazon.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #88
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
4. Yeah, maybe we shouldn't have gotten our hopes up, but how could we not?
Really?

In the other topic about the announcement about their big announcement everyone where saying they wheren't expecting much and now you're saying how could we not gotten our hopes up?

I think it's a pretty decent announcement 4 or 5 months before release date. Even though I for myself coudn't care less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »