Home

NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Really?

In the other topic about the announcement about their big announcement everyone where saying they wheren't expecting much and now you're saying how could we not gotten our hopes up?
Oh, everyone was saying that? I know plenty of people that were expecting something substantial and got their hopes us.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyboy09
Thats not the point im trying to make...what im saying is i shouldn't have to do anything extra to get stuff that should already be in the game. Especially when it was in the game at one point then taken out now a big annoucement like it's something new.
I agree!! I might be in a financial situation when it's launched and then Ive lost the content. It should be included and not posted as a big announcement.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #91
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_Rez
I just went to Gamestop website and they too have the NBA AllStar weekend add-on if you pre-order so it's not Amazon.
Once again, to clarify it is NOT Amazon only. Gamestop, Amazon and Best Buy all feature this pre-order bonus.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Some of you guys' expectations seem out of whack. Sadly a few years ago the general sentiment on these boards was that 2K needed to remove Blacktop mode outright because it served no purpose to them, in part because it wasn't All-Star weekend affiliated. Here's a thread referencing some of those views:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...mode-game.html

They do the All-Star weekend thing that people wanted and now it's either not enough or it's chastised by some because it's tied to a preorder. Which is no different than what pretty much every other game does, giving incentive to preordering a title. ASW isn't a big deal to me either way so the announcement doesn't affect me much. But I do think people should show some perspective of what NBA2K offers content-wise versus every other sports game, both from a core offering and DLC offering. It's like people here are very unwilling to give 2K the leeway they'll give other developers in trying to leverage content for extra $$$ and I don't understand why that's the case.
For me, blacktop mode was a fun mode to play every now and then. I'm not really sure why people were crying to get it removed. If you don't like it, just don't play it? I can't believe people would complain about EXTRA content in a game.

As far as not giving them leeway, I can only speak for myself when I say that I think the reason people are loyal to 2k is because they weren't like that "other" developer. They wouldn't nickel and dime DLC, they wouldn't charge extra for uniforms, etc. Now that it seems they are heading in the same direction, especially removing content and trying to package it back in as a major announcement, it is disappointing.

In all honesty, I'd rather just have blacktop mode back than ASW. At least then I can get some 2on2 and 3on3 action in if I want.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 2
Totally blows that they are making this for Wii U and not for Vita. Nothing against Nintendo owners, but generally speaking, they don't play sports games as much.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #94
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
1. True, but the fact that they got our hopes up for this is what is making everyone mad. Had they not made an announcement about this and made us speculate what it could be, we would love this feature.

2. That's an opinion. I loved it and knew many people that did too.

3. I agree.

4. Yeah, maybe we shouldn't have gotten our hopes up, but how could we not? We haven't heard anything from 2K13 yet, so we were starving for info. True 2K fans were waiting long and hard for this announcement. You can say we shouldn't have because blah blah blah, but true fans will get their hopes up for an announcement about a game in which we haven't heard one thing about yet.
1. For those who have followed the series for a significant amount of time, it is quite well known huge news is not typically making an appearance in May. This is usually a time reserved for revealing cover athletes. That said, I'm not sure I follow your logic of believing 2K making us speculate for a longer period before discovering the mode would have made everyone love it.

2. Just as your opinion suggests Street Ball was not a crap mode, it is my opinion All-Star Weekend has the potential to be a solid feature and worthy of a late-May reveal.

4. If you're starving for information in May, how do you plan to make it to October? Will you be starving for 2K14 information the moment 2K13 is released? The 2012 NBA season hasn't even concluded yet. As such, I do not find much displeasure in the small amount of information released in 2K13's regard.

I believe most folks who took a reasonable approach to the 2K13 announcement understood it would likely not be an Earth-shattering, life-altering reveal.

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-30-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #95
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Oh, everyone was saying that? I know plenty of people that were expecting something substantial and got their hopes us.
Well almost everyone. I've read every pages of the topic. Most people are making fun of Ronnie and how nobody should get their hopes up knowing how 2K advertise and promote their game.

Some people where going as far as saying it would be about the cover athlete. So I think an 'old new' game mode is pretty decent. At least for people that really wheren't expecting much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #96
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
1. True, but the fact that they got our hopes up for this is what is making everyone mad. Had they not made an announcement about this and made us speculate what it could be, we would love this feature.

2. That's an opinion. I loved it and knew many people that did too.

3. I agree.

4. Yeah, maybe we shouldn't have gotten our hopes up, but how could we not? We haven't heard anything from 2K13 yet, so we were starving for info. True 2K fans were waiting long and hard for this announcement. You can say we shouldn't have because blah blah blah, but true fans will get their hopes up for an announcement about a game in which we haven't heard one thing about yet.
1 & 4 are pretty much the same. Knowing the fact that's E3 is coming up and it all comes from Ronnie2K, it's best to take any "big" announcement with a grain of salt.

2. And I TOTALLY respect that. It was not meant to disrespect fans of those modes. But those modes leave a lot to be desired in my opinion. Compared to games like that - NBA Street for example - understandably, I didn't think the 2K Street mode was very good. The main point was that if you're a big fan of it and you are going to buy, then just put $5 of that down a day before. No loss there at all and you make sure that you get a copy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »