Home

Sound Off: Is the Pro Bowl Worth Saving? How would you fix it?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Is the Pro Bowl Worth Saving? How would you fix it? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sound Off: Is the Pro Bowl Worth Saving? How would you fix it?

The NFL has announced it is keeping the Pro Bowl and making sure it stays in Hawaii the week before the Super Bowl. With the game being a complete disaster the last couple of years, it's a surprise to some the NFL even opted to keep the game. Our question to you is: is the game really worth saving and if so, what would you do to ensure it's a success?

Sound off!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
I think they should get rid of the game and do a skills challenge. I'd watch linemen do a race or QBs throw at targets. Kind of like the old QB club video games
Old 05-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Exactly, a Superstars type show for each position. This TV show was very popular in the '70s and '80s for a wide variety of athletes. For football only, divide the events up by position and have specific events for each position that would be appropriate. For the finals, you could then have the winners of each position go head to head in a variety of events that would equalize their talents, to make it a closer competition.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Sound Off: Is the Pro Bowl Worth Saving? How would you fix it?

They should keep it, but make it more competitive. Allow teams too use offense and defense like in regular season. Also give a trophy for the conference that wins. The pro-bowl is more like flag football with helmets and tackling. Make it competitive and worth the players fighting for.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

No, the Pro Bowl is not worth saving. It is by far the worst of the All-Star games. No one tries, and to be honest, I prefer that. I would hate to see my teams star players get hurt at the Pro Bowl. Remember Robert Edwards? (I know it wasn't at the gaem, but it was at an event for the Pro Bowl.) You can't make players play harder, and you can't threaten to fine them, they won't go.

Unless the NFL says the winning team earns $5 million tax exempt, players are not going to care, and if the players don't care why should I as a fan. The game could be tweaked into a skills competition or something like that. But as a exhibition football game, I would rather watch the 4th preseason game of (insert a team I don't follow) rather than the Pro Bowl.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 33
The Pro Bowl should be played at the same location as the Superbowl. Therefore it could be used as part of the build up to the Superbowl extravaganza as opposed to a stand alone event.
The fact that we're questioning the validity of keeping the Pro Bowl indicates that there is an issue so it's surprising the NFL have made the decision to keep things as they are.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
i think they should get rid of it. the guys play a long season as it is if anything i think it should be as some people have stated a skills competition of some sort. i'd be ok with that and i think the players would have more fun.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Skills competitions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »