Home

FIFA 13 Screenshots and Hands-On Preview Round-Ups Around the Web

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Screenshots and Hands-On Preview Round-Ups Around the Web within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 13 Screenshots and Hands-On Preview Round-Ups Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Speeding up the gameplay obviously isn't the answer, but something is off and I feel it is at least somewhat related to how tactical defending (which I greatly prefer to "legacy defending") was implemented.
I used custom tactics and raised most CPU teams' Aggression to 80+. That improved the gameplay (for me anyway) so that the CPU wasn't as passive. It also helped increase CPU fouls.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm not a big fan of screenshots. Most of them are from angles you would never use in a game. I think the player models look pretty good in FIFA but the textures on all EA games look poor to me.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Overall, I agree with you. However, the overall flow of the game can feel somewhat... I don't know... stagnant? I find raising run frequency and marking helps make things more active, but I still get a sense the AI players lack urgency in their actions. For example, when reacting to 50/50 balls in the box, covering or making runs into open space, closing down the recipient of a pass, etc. Sure user input can overcome some of these hiccups, but we can only control one player at a time (or two if you count calling the 2nd defender).

Speeding up the gameplay obviously isn't the answer, but something is off and I feel it is at least somewhat related to how tactical defending (which I greatly prefer to "legacy defending") was implemented.
I agree QB. There is something about the gameplay that is just, well you said it, stagnant. The unpredictability isn't really there and I often feel like matches play out the same, get to my sweet-spots, beat the CPU on the same moves, and get results. I like tactical defending but without the CPU consistently shooting from range or sending in crosses it becomes very easy to stop the CPU when the talent level is almost comparable.

Speed is still the king in FIFA and as I've increased the pace in my roster the results have improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Got more confidence in this series than all of other EA's lineups put together!

Roll on FIFA 13, we eagerly anticipate..
I felt the same way with Madden until last year's game. When I started playing Fifa 5 or 6 years ago, I really wasnt into it as much, but still enjoyed it. Now, I cannot get enough of FIFA lol.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I'm at a loss here, which aspect of the player models lacks? They look pretty darn fab to me. Is there a sweeter sports video game on the market when it comes to capturing the realism of a player's bodily appearance combined with their physical movement? I don't think so.
There is something not right about them. As far as a game with realistic player models? Try Sony MLB 12 The Show

Last edited by cadalyst17; 06-02-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I'm not a big fan of screenshots. Most of them are from angles you would never use in a game. I think the player models look pretty good in FIFA but the textures on all EA games look poor to me.
Yes I agree about the textures also, again MLB The Show has great textures.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #15
Rookie

ThePhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 7

Does anyone know if we will be able to play/manage a National Team in FIFA 13's Career Mode?

Xbox: JThind
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »