Home

EA Has Acquired the UFC License, Will Develop New UFC Game

This is a discussion on EA Has Acquired the UFC License, Will Develop New UFC Game within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Has Acquired the UFC License, Will Develop New UFC Game

Oh please let them use EA MMA's spectator mode for their UFC game.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
Rookie

miami01's Arena

OVR: 6
When the video came on I was like "no way could it be", when i finally realized it was, i jumped out of my chair screaming haha. Absolutely awesome and what a shocker!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #11
Rookie

toine2983's Arena

OVR: 7

Press release from THQ:

Quote:
THQ AND ZUFFA ANNOUNCE TRANSFER OF ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP
VIDEOGAME LICENSE AGREEMENT
AGOURA HILLS, Calif. & LAS VEGAS, Nev., June 4, 2012 – THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and Zuffa, LLC, today announced that they have reached an agreement to transfer THQ’s exclusive, worldwide license with Zuffa to publish videogames based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) brand to Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), effective today, in exchange for an undisclosed cash payment to THQ.
“Over the last three years, THQ has delivered best-in-class, all-encompassing experiences to MMA fans, sports enthusiasts and fighting gamers around the globe with its UFC Undisputed series. We want to thank them for their stewardship of our brand," said Lorenzo Fertitta, Chairman and CEO of Zuffa. “We look forward to joining forces with EA to leverage their sports platform, and expand our brand in the video game space.”
Brian Farrell, THQ’s Chairman and CEO, commented, “We have relished our relationship with UFC over the last several years and believe that the UFC gaming brand is in great shape. THQ’s more focused strategy moving forward meant that transferring the license to EA made sense to all parties. We would like to thank UFC for their great support and partnership and wish EA all the best moving forward.”

About Ultimate Fighting Championship®
Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, and headquartered in Las Vegas, Nev., UFC® is the world’s premier MMA organization and produces over 12 UFC live Pay-Per-View events annually around the globe. In 2012, FOX will broadcast four fights annually. In spring 2012, The Ultimate Fighter®, UFC’s signature weekly reality TV show, debuts on FX. UFC content is also distributed commercially to bars and restaurants through Joe Hand Promotions in the U.S. Globally, UFC programming is broadcast in over 149 countries and territories, reaching a half a billion homes worldwide, in 20 different languages.
UFC® also boasts a powerful presence online, with UFC.com attracting over seven million unique visitors per month, while also possessing one of the most powerful social media followings in all of professional sports. To date, UFC has over six million fans on Facebook and over 400,000 followers on Twitter. In addition, UFC President Dana White is one of the most accessible and most followed executives in sports with more than 1.7 million followers on Twitter. On January 22, 2011, UFC continued to set trends in social media, becoming the first major sports league to stream live, broadcast quality action on Facebook.
Ancillary businesses include best-selling DVDs, a magazine, the best-selling UFC “Undisputed” videogame franchise distributed by THQ, UFC GYM®, UFC Fight Club affinity program, UFC Fan Expo® festivals, branded apparel, trading cards, and articulated action figures.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8
Sign me up.

EA MMA was and is the only Xbox 360 game that I have completed all the achievments for!

1800 wins online baby, all with the sticks. Hit me up when this drops WOOT!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I think thats a given. If EA doesnt use the online foundation it already has in place with the UFC game they are idiots.

This also shows that no matter how much **** Dana talks about a company, he can be bought for the right price. I'm glad the UFC license is off that sinking ship THQ.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #14
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
For the love of god this. I remember the first night I had EA MMA, Phobia got it early too. We were up half the night in a fight card just Observing and commenting on eachothers fights, throwing friendly trash talk, the OMFG moment of the 1 punch KO 6 seconds into the fight countering an overhand with a superman. Spectating the fight card was 1 of the biggest features in a game ever as far as my enjoyment level from it.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami01
When the video came on I was like "no way could it be", when i finally realized it was, i jumped out of my chair screaming haha. Absolutely awesome and what a shocker!!!
LOL. I was in my office at work. Saw the first screen of a cage and said "who the hell did EA get to do another MMA game?" I see the picture of Jon Jones and yelled "Get the **** outta here!" Still kind of shocked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

think thats a good fit for EA, they cant deliver any decent team based sports games due to thier inability to create an by any means acceptable presentation but ufc and ea could work out well!

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »