Home

Sound Off: Which Team Has The Best Shot At Coming Back to Win? Celtics or Thunder?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Which Team Has The Best Shot At Coming Back to Win? Celtics or Thunder? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
With Bosh coming back in Game 5 for the Miami Heat, I would have to OKC has a better chance than Boston. Boston doesn't have enough fire power and OKC has young legs to compete. I can see them taking the Spurs to Game 7.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Sound Off: Which Team Has The Best Shot At Coming Back to Win? Celtics or Thunder

I really don't understand why people are saying Boston.

If you look at the two games in Boston they got out to huge leads, Miami still managed to make the game close and that's with paltry performances by Wade. The 4th game was a glaring example of this. There was a point in that game where Boston could not miss. Hell Keyon freakin' Dooling when 3 of 4 from 3. Miami was down by about 20 at one point and was 1 shot away from winning. Say what you will about Wade, but eventually an HOF talent like Wade will play well enough to let them win. It may go 7 games, but I don't thing the Celtics can win in Miami.

Flip to the OKC series and it's the opposite. OKC got punched in the mouth hard the first game and still only lost by 3, but the second game the Spurs shot exceptionally well. It's true that they were getting good looks, but they still shot an abnormally high percentage. Tony Parker had the game of his life and they were still only a couple of possessions away from losing both games.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12
I'd have to say the Celtics but only by a slight margin. If Ray Allen can start to hit his shots I think the Celtics have a better chance to comeback. IMO I think Bosh coming back will hurt the Heat since he will take possesion time away from Bron and Wade. Coming back from an abdominal strain is hard, your core is essential to playing in the post and if he's not 100% the Celtic bigs (especially Garnett) will take advantage of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Thunder have a way better chance of coming back. They are younger more athletic and stronger than the Celtics. But i still do think both the Thunder and the Celtics can come back then Thunder wins the finals for the first time.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Sound Off: Which Team Has The Best Shot At Coming Back to Win? Celtics or Thunder

I still think the Celtics do.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:57 AM   #14
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
I'd have to say the Celtics but only by a slight margin. If Ray Allen can start to hit his shots I think the Celtics have a better chance to comeback. IMO I think Bosh coming back will hurt the Heat since he will take possesion time away from Bron and Wade. Coming back from an abdominal strain is hard, your core is essential to playing in the post and if he's not 100% the Celtic bigs (especially Garnett) will take advantage of that.
Not like the alternative of Shane Battier is any better :/

Bosh will probably be there just for jumpers, which isnt altogether different from what he's done all season. He also might be able to get LeBron some extra rest if he can be effective. But imo, as long as he can knock down jumpers and not get entirely blasted on defense, it will be considered a successful return game for him.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 4

I think the Thunder have a better chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »