Home

EA Isn't Working on a Baseball Game...

This is a discussion on EA Isn't Working on a Baseball Game... within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Isn't Working on a Baseball Game...

From Jon Robinson's interview with EA Sports' Andrew Wilson, we found out today that EA Sports is not currently working on nor negotiating a deal with major league baseball:

Quote:
"The 2K Sports third-party exclusive with MLB recently expired. Are there current negotiations taking place between EA Sports and Major League Baseball?

No, we’re not. Do I like baseball? Absolutely, I’m a huge baseball fan. But right now, we’re focusing on the franchises we’ve got. We’re focused on doing the UFC, and making it big and global. Is there an opportunity for us to do something with baseball one day? I hope so. But are we doing anything with baseball today? It’s just not something we’re working on right now."

This obviously has major implications because if that is true, and if no one else is stepping up, there will not be a new baseball game for XBox 360 owners next year. The good news is that Wilson seems pretty much is open and ready to do baseball again, but it's likely it'll be for 2014 and not 2013.

XBox 360 owners and baseballs fans: what are your plans with what looks to be a baseball-less 2013 on the horizon?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
The rumor is that MLB is charging a very high price for there license and EA is trying to get it for a better price. They will make a deal soon i'm hearing..................
Old 06-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
I already picked up a vita with MLB the show. As for next year I will probably get the show for the vita next year depending on when the ps4 debuts. If it comes out in the spring like the Vita did I may choose ps4 over xbox 720 even though I love my 360 and have never owned a PS except for the vita.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: EA Isn't Working on a Baseball Game...

No surprise EA will not be coming back to baseball anytime soon, at least until next generation
Old 06-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
This is very bad news for us XBOX 360 owners, that we might now get ANY new baseball game next year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Atleast there is still OOTP 14.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 13
I'm hoping that 2k keeps their servers up like they did for All pro football and the NHL series. I'm also hoping that 2k share is still working so that roster sharing continues.

BigBlue
Old 06-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA Isn't Working on a Baseball Game...

Wait. You're going to compare a text/stats driven game within this genre? MVP still plays a fun, competitive AND sim oriented game when done correctly. There is a new total mod coming out for the community.

After all, there was no guarantee that a new design would be any good and this response probably has the veiled message that they are no where near ready to compete with The Show, so why announce anything?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »