Home

Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #17
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

I can't believe after all the press about CCM, I still have questions, lol. But here I go...

1) You can progress players with points, which I get. But does that mean that natural, I guess "in game" progression, is gone? If my QB has a great season, will the game naturally progress him, or will he only progress if I choose the areas where he gets better? If it's the latter, while it sounds cool, it sort of feels like cheating--like I'm playing NFL God and selecting how much to improve my player.

2) This is something only MMChris may know but...that shot of RGIII...I wonder if that's a placeholder image that just changes into different QB's depending on what's happening in the league, or if that's a variety of different RGIII in-game images that the game selects when it gives you news about the league. I think this question is confusing to articulate, but hopefully it makes some sense. I guess to be simpler, I'm just asking if these images we see--sort of like the Madden newspapers back in the day--will simply be recycled over and over again?

3) So in CCM, you can get fired, create a new coach, and go to a new team within the same mode. But what if I get fired by my team, and I want to be "reincarnated" as the brand new coach of the same team I was playing with. Can that be done, or if you're fired, there's no way to rejoin your old team in any way?
Old 06-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15
What if I am the coach of the 49ers in an online franchise and i get fired. Ut still want to be the 49ers?
Can i just become whoever the new coach is? This takes away from the GM aspect of hiring/ firing staff. Dumb
Old 06-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #19
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I can't believe after all the press about CCM, I still have questions, lol. But here I go...

1) You can progress players with points, which I get. But does that mean that natural, I guess "in game" progression, is gone? If my QB has a great season, will the game naturally progress him, or will he only progress if I choose the areas where he gets better? If it's the latter, while it sounds cool, it sort of feels like cheating--like I'm playing NFL God and selecting how much to improve my player.

2) This is something only MMChris may know but...that shot of RGIII...I wonder if that's a placeholder image that just changes into different QB's depending on what's happening in the league, or if that's a variety of different RGIII in-game images that the game selects when it gives you news about the league. I think this question is confusing to articulate, but hopefully it makes some sense. I guess to be simpler, I'm just asking if these images we see--sort of like the Madden newspapers back in the day--will simply be recycled over and over again?

3) So in CCM, you can get fired, create a new coach, and go to a new team within the same mode. But what if I get fired by my team, and I want to be "reincarnated" as the brand new coach of the same team I was playing with. Can that be done, or if you're fired, there's no way to rejoin your old team in any way?
1) Yes progression of old IS GONE. Honestly, I say thank you EA. I hated the BS progression that would occur. You decide who and where to progress. Now understand this before you think it sounds like cheating (Like I did), you only get SO much XP. And from the Josh Looman connected career video you can see that for a RB, it was like 45,000 to upgrade speed at 1 POINT.And trust me, from the goals it showed, you will not get XP like that very often and if you wanna upgrade more than one player, you got to distribute the XP or you are gonna be unbalanced. Another awesome thing is that as players get older, the prices of things (Such as speed) go up so it is almost impossible to make a 30+ year old gain speed (which is realistic to say the very least). You are not gonna be able to give everyone 99 stats on things that the position is good for, such as speed for RB, QB, WR, etc. Now a O line man, his speed will be A LOT cheaper than a RB. I think this will let players run their team how THEY want and not rely on random calculations from a CPU. Also keep in mind that there are different times you can choose to progress, weekly, every four weeks, and end of the year. You can also set the CPU to progress for you but that is no fun, now is it? This gives you a feeling of accomplishment for great play. Also already said that if it says to get 2,000 yards rushing for a season to get lets say 25,000 XP(random number, idk what you'd really get) and a user "Pads his stats" and gets 6,000 yards, well they only get 25,000 xp not anymore so stat padding is pointless. Hope that answers that

2) No idea.. lol

3) Yes if you are fired, Looman said you can recreate a coach, or join as a Legend coach, and take over the team you were fired from.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyi05
What if I am the coach of the 49ers in an online franchise and i get fired. Ut still want to be the 49ers?
Can i just become whoever the new coach is? This takes away from the GM aspect of hiring/ firing staff. Dumb
No one said you HAD to mate.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #21
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks Rbower. I'm at work, so I can't watch videos on the mode.

So...does every single player have goals they need to meet? Or is it just a handful of team goals?

Because I'm trying to understand...let's say a goal is to have a RB get 2,000 yards, and he does--do I get XP points for *him* specifically to only progress *him*, or am I gaining XP points that sort of go into a big team pot, and I can then distribute them amongst anyone on the team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcDub
It sucks that you can't edit players numbers/accesories this year in this CC mode.. I like to customize my teams accesories throughout the season..

where did you read that you cannot edit youre teams numbers and etc?
Old 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
@ Pacman3000 and joeyi05

My understanding is that if you're a coach (or a player) who gets fired, you have two options. 1) Hold out hope that a new team hires you, if that doesn't happen I believe your coach (or player) gets automatically retired. In which case, you have to create a new one in order to continue your CC mode and can presumably take over the same team you just got fired from with your new coach. I'm not 100% positive that you can take over any team you want when you create a new coach, but that's what I assume. 2) The other option is that you can immediately retire your coach (or player) at any time. So if you are only interested in coaching a particular team and they fire you, just immediately retire that coach and create a new one - which leads right back to option one.

There's a few blog posts here about CC: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news

It's not all entirely clear cut, but that's how I understand it.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Thanks Rbower. I'm at work, so I can't watch videos on the mode.

So...does every single player have goals they need to meet? Or is it just a handful of team goals?

Because I'm trying to understand...let's say a goal is to have a RB get 2,000 yards, and he does--do I get XP points for *him* specifically to only progress *him*, or am I gaining XP points that sort of go into a big team pot, and I can then distribute them amongst anyone on the team?
I am pretty sure I am understanding the XP system enough to be confident on what I am telling you.

If you are a coach, you have TEAM goals. Meaning you might have to get so many yards per season, etc. If you are a PLAYER, you have specific goals to your player. Such as if you are a backup HB (such as in the video I watched) you will have a goal of like 1,000 yards which is ranked below the goal VERY HARD. Since as a backup HB, you probably will not reach that but it rewards you 20,000 XP for it (keep in mind that speed was still like 45,000 so you are not gonna be a 99 speed guy right away). As a coach, you have things you can buy such as position perks (as I call it), you could buy a FREE AGENT QB PACKAGE, and that would mean that when you try to sign a QB during free agency, he would be interested in your team more than others that did not have the perk. Another was like Developmental Trait (or something like that) and that allowed you to earn more XP for completing goals. And these things were not cheap either. Also for a player you could buy traits for your player. Everything is done excellent IMO and I am very excited to try it first hand. I have watched almost every video on E3 thread so if you have anymore, I will do my best to answer for ya.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »