Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Georgia Tech vs Clemson (CPU vs. CPU)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Georgia Tech vs Clemson (CPU vs. CPU) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 13 CPU vs CPU Gameplay from E3 - Georgia Tech vs Clemson

4 option attempts by GT, 3 of them ended up as a lost in the backfield. So how people say that is better then it was in NCAA 12 is beyond me. It is the same result you get in NCAA 12, most option runs by the CPU ending up as a lost.

Might be a combination of defenders acceleration ratings too high and defenders shedding their block too easy on outside runs.

Not a fan of QB that has speed, SLIDING when they should just cut to the outside where there was OPEN FIELD.

When that Clemson QB got sacked, it would have been better if he spun away from the pressure and rolled out. This is something Madden CPU QBs has been doing since Madden 10. Why that logic hasn't made it yet into NCAA series is beyond me.

The option needs some tuning and the defenders well, their acceleration is too high because they cover ground too quick. I can see one or two people on defense with the ability to do it, but not the entire defense.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

The first triple option play - where the QB keeps for the nice gain - actually looked okay. Better than what we had last year.

But the strange defensive overspeed and still-broken pitch relationships make option ball pretty dumb looking overall.

I'm sure we can still get yardage as users - I had 400 yards as a QB in one game last year, on Varsity, against the #1 team in the country... - but it'll feel cheap. And A-Backs will be mostly ineffective in the option because of the lack of relationship.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobamigo
Tyler shatley #47 is number 62 now and moved to offensive guard
Really?? lol
Old 06-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
4 option attempts by GT, 3 of them ended up as a lost in the backfield. So how people say that is better then it was in NCAA 12 is beyond me. It is the same result you get in NCAA 12, most option runs by the CPU ending up as a lost.

Might be a combination of defenders acceleration ratings too high and defenders shedding their block too easy on outside runs.

Not a fan of QB that has speed, SLIDING when they should just cut to the outside where there was OPEN FIELD.

When that Clemson QB got sacked, it would have been better if he spun away from the pressure and rolled out. This is something Madden CPU QBs has been doing since Madden 10. Why that logic hasn't made it yet into NCAA series is beyond me.

The option needs some tuning and the defenders well, their acceleration is too high because they cover ground too quick. I can see one or two people on defense with the ability to do it, but not the entire defense.
Another is that it seems like the CPU still knows the plays. Even though they disguise their plays, they blitzed as soon as the ball is snapped

Hopefully roster makers can balance out the rosters/
Old 06-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #21
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I'll give EA credit for this: People on here wanted a CPU vs CPU game to see the CPU option and they gave us CPU vs CPU play with Georgia Tech.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'll give EA credit for this: People on here wanted a CPU vs CPU game to see the CPU option and they gave us CPU vs CPU play with Georgia Tech.
i agree 100%. i give them credit. it looks a lil better and it sounded like they were confident about it!
NFL-TITANS

LET THE DUECE LOOSE!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #23
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

For me, that they weren't able to do a better job in tuning the CPU option attack, is a much bigger disappointment than not having RTP this year. Sliders will help some, but there are still some fundamental flaws in the A.I. of the QB and the RB, and in the blocking schemes. In non simmed games the options teams are still doomed to getting easily smashed by the User.

Psychic defenders may be gone, but it did seem like an example of psychic playcalling on that first GT play.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

If you watch the motioning A-Back on the 5:05 triple option, you'll notice he does the backpedaling motion to maintain his pitch non-relationship.

I've always lived by the 4x1 or 5x1 rules for pitch relationship - 4 or 5 yards away from the QB, and a yard behind (AT MOST a yard behind; ideally, he'll be even with the QB at the LOS).

This back is several yards behind the QB when he gets the pitch, precisely because he does the dumb backpedal.

EA, I will work on this for free if you let me. I know option football. Please let me help you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »