Home

NBA 2K13 Preview - Improving Collisions (ESPN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Preview - Improving Collisions (ESPN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K13 Preview - Improving Collisions (ESPN)

ESPN has posted their NBA 2K13 preview. Improving collisions is one of the gameplay enhancements that are being addressed.

Quote:
As he flips on the game, the first thing I notice is the quicker pace in "NBA 2K13." Not only are all of the players moving faster on screen, they seem to be running the fast break more fluidly (even dribbling with the ball out in front of their bodies a bit more), and when LeBron swoops in for a dunk and is met body-to-body at the rim, not only do both players hit the floor, but you can tell that a lot of work went into improving the collisions in the game this year by the way LeBron tried to brace himself from the crash landing.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Sky's the limit for NBA 2K13

Too bad its only June
Old 06-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K13 Preview - Improving Collisions (ESPN)

So...when a player gets injured will we see teammates go to him to check if he's alright? Right now the way it's done they back of the injured like he got the plague or something....
Old 06-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
So...when a player gets injured will we see teammates go to him to check if he's alright? Right now the way it's done they back of the injured like he got the plague or something....
This.

I hate when one of my vital players hits the floor, writhing in pain, and his team mates are standing there with their arms crossed like "all right, we get it. get off the floor." The team mates need to show their concern, the coaching staff as well.

I think it needs to be dependent on how serious the injury... like I would love for say, if its just a twisted ankle, for the player to get helped off the floor... not look hurt until the sub is made, then he sprints back to the bench. haha. But if its more serious, the player is on the ground for a little longer, and maybe even does the commercial wipe, then come back with a result of the injury.

You see, things like this make or break a game. And with the specific talk about the player interactions on the court, it better be good. haha.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I guess he saw the preview of the improved physics/ collisions. Sounds good I think this means you may be able to get charges more frequently if you time it right and you will have to pick and choose when to attack the paint sounds very realistic.

I like hearing about better controls and the fast break. Your CPU AI teammates didn't run good lanes in 2k12 for fastbreaks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

(even dribbling with the ball out in front of their bodies a bit more)

As if they didn't do this ENOUGH in 2K12? I don't want to have to not be able to sprint just because there are people in front of me. That's STUPID.

and when LeBron swoops in for a dunk and is met body-to-body at the rim, not only do both players hit the floor

Since when do both players always hit the floor after mid-air collisions, especially if one of them is as strong as LeBron James? What are they thinking over there?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Why do you say 'always'? He describes what happened once. It can happen.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

It's not even a common occurrence. Two players colliding in mid-air isn't even common, but both players crashing to the floor after doing so is even LESS likely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »