Home

NHL 13 Hands-On Impressions with True Performance Skating

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Hands-On Impressions with True Performance Skating within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 13 Hands-On Impressions with True Performance Skating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
^^^^^^ why do you keep posting your slider tests in threads that have nothing to do with that, Blackeyes!!??
Most likely because he's an attention whore. At least we didn't get all the cheesy anime garbage for once.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
Rookie

DuffHouse12's Arena

OVR: 9

new skating engine is going to be amazing. glide fellas. glide.

i want to see new deke footage though.
The Grateful Dead
Phish
Old 06-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

These are great news! I've been wanting a real speed burst button in the game since 07 and now it's finally here. Now the game will definitely feel more like real hockey.

But at the same time it's just sad that it took EA for about seven years to figure out that not every player have to skate at same speed all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poro24
But at the same time it's just sad that it took EA for about seven years to figure out that not every player have to skate at same speed all the time.
I think the "failure" of NHL 12 is what's made the EA team go into overdrive.
It's perhaps not a failure in the words strictest meaning, but since the skill stick introduction, NHL 12 is probably the one game in the series with the least progression from the previous one, combined with the most number of bugs and problems, new and old.
And many of us around here have noticed the complete lack of response from EA this year. It's been like "f*** it, we can't fix it anymore".
And now, it's quite funny to see Rammer sitting there showing off 13, and he keeps bashing 12

I don't know if they worked on the skate engine last year already, but had to pull it from 12 which kinda made it a weak update.
But really, if NHL 13 is not a very big step, back in the right direction... EA is out on thin ice.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 06-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

Is it me though or does it seem they're trying to bring back or hype up a new sprint button?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
But really, if NHL 13 is not a very big step, back in the right direction... EA is out on thin ice.
I disagree. There is no other competitor for a NHL video-game.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #15
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
i totally agree with you on this. i for one will watch closely this game and comments of some people here in OS about NHL 13 before buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
I disagree. There is no other competitor for a NHL video-game.
i rather play my old NHL 11 than waste my hard earned cash than buy a half-a$$ effort from EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Is it me though or does it seem they're trying to bring back or hype up a new sprint button?
I dunno, they'd didn't make a big deal out of the hustle option really. And this really isn't a speed burst feature like some keep trying to say it is.

Quote:
I think the "failure" of NHL 12 is what's made the EA team go into overdrive.
It's perhaps not a failure in the words strictest meaning, but since the skill stick introduction, NHL 12 is probably the one game in the series with the least progression from the previous one, combined with the most number of bugs and problems, new and old.
And many of us around here have noticed the complete lack of response from EA this year. It's been like "f*** it, we can't fix it anymore".
And now, it's quite funny to see Rammer sitting there showing off 13, and he keeps bashing 12

I don't know if they worked on the skate engine last year already, but had to pull it from 12 which kinda made it a weak update.
I wouldn't go so far as to say 12 was a failure, I would agree that it wasn't anywhere near a leap, it was more of a crawl. We got a Legends feature that no one wanted except the people always asking for historical teams might have dug retired guys being in the game.

Right around 09 or 10, it was supposidly the start of another 3 year plan, I think with Littman getting shifted to work on the failed NBA Elite reboot, and Dean being on Fight Night at the time it very well could have messed up that 3 year plan, because I figured when we initially got the physics stuff added, skating would have been taken care of in 11 or 12.

I'm not sure if Littman is back on the team or not, seeing as though we've only really seen Rammer and Dean so far. But I believe the shuffling done up at EAC is what caused the title to somewhat stagnate for a couple years.

I don't know how a physics based engine, complete with momentum taken into account, and goalies are are allowed to be dynamic after an intial save attempt, along with a complete retooling of the ai and additional strategies, isn't a step in the right direction. For some of you guys EA can't do anything right at all, nor will you even play a demo before condeming it. Which I don't think is very fair.

If 2k had put out a hockey game that actually sold, they'd still be making hockey games. Yet people still make excuses for that series left and right. Not trying to single you out Jez by any means mind you.

I've said a few times already, as long as the game improves yearly, and NHL XX has imo since 07, I'll support them. Yes the game stagnated, yes a new skating engine and AI attention was sorely needed for a few years running. I'd still rather wait and see how things turn out before deeming the game and series a failure.

Last edited by RealmK; 06-11-2012 at 02:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »