Home

NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
*yawn* more info we already know - i think we get it.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 33
Re: NHL 13 E3 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho
The NHL series is far from great. Game has been practically the same since 2009, with minor (mostly bad) changes every year. Game peaked in 2010 and has been stale ever since.
100% agree Paulinho.

Each year we get told about all these great new features. This game has been the same rehashed effort for the past few years albeit with a few tweaks. Graphics, Menus, Commentary, same tired look every year. EA can't even provide anything close to a realistic Broadcast Camera.

Potential Sports game of the year!?! Not a chance. Not with such complete sport games such as MLB The Show & NBA 2K out there. I doubt NHL 13 will even make my top 5 sports games this year & this coming from someone who loves his Hockey.

NHL 13 or NHL 10.3. We will see.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
100% agree Paulinho.

Each year we get told about all these great new features. This game has been the same rehashed effort for the past few years albeit with a few tweaks. Graphics, Menus, Commentary, same tired look every year. EA can't even provide anything close to a realistic Broadcast Camera.

Potential Sports game of the year!?! Not a chance. Not with such complete sport games such as MLB The Show & NBA 2K out there. I doubt NHL 13 will even make my top 5 sports games this year & this coming from someone who loves his Hockey.

So wait, this game is a rehash but NBA2k isn't every year? oooook. Swear to god NBA2k is the most over rated sports game in existence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
100% agree Paulinho.

While I agree that NHL 12 didnt make many great improvements. I think the brand new skating engine will make this a really great game. Definitely not NHL 10.3.. The new skating engine will be a game changer.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #13
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
Good article, but I just had to laugh at the defense having an unfair advantage. Does anyone at EA Canada play defense on their game? The defense had an unfair advantage yet the puck could fly through 4 people on a cross crease, a forward could get stick lifted and poked multiple times and still hold on to the puck. The team needs to work on puck physics some more to make it livelier. Hopefully that's next year since they revamped (and needed to) the skating.
This is the most true thing I've seen. Pucks and sticks go through defensemen like they aren't even there. Perfect positioning on a play isn't rewarded nearly enough. Forwards can put their stick through a D-man's skates to get a puck then shoot it all in one motion while the D-man sits there swearing at the screen as he should be.

Saying defense has an unfair advantage whatsoever is just an ignorant statement.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Also new are the way strategies work. Each coach has his own strategy, which he takes with him wherever he goes. Potentially you could see the Kings playing like Pittsburgh depending on who their coach could be.
hmm, does this mean we have the ability to hire/fire coaches now in NHL 13??
Old 06-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
Rookie

DIRRTY30's Arena

OVR: 0
I was already sold on NHL 13 after the announcement of the new skating features. But now there is also RTP? Does this apply to checks as well as the skating? I usually get NHL every other year. But this will be my 3rd straight year getting it. I really hope Be a GM gets it's due in the improvement area. I've heard some positive stuff so far, but I can always do with some more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Not a chance? Have you played the game? Seems kind of silly to dismiss it without even trying the game. MLB The Show 12 is pretty much only a tweaked version of the last few years. NBA 2K12 could even be considered a step back from 11.

Not saying people should buy into the hype around NHL 13, dismissing it is no better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »