Home

FIFA Soccer 13 Preview

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 13 Preview within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA Soccer 13 Preview

Being the most popular sports game in the world should come with heavy burdens of trying to top release after release. But for FIFA 13, it’s just another opportunity to improve on what is already considered great.

Plenty of new is headed to FIFA 13. Revolving mainly around gameplay, there are plenty of new and different ways to play on both sides of the ball...

Read More - FIFA Soccer 13 Preview
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
Rookie

KOwusu's Arena

OVR: 2
I REALLY hope FIFA does a better job off the field.

You can expect that the Player Impact Engine is going to get better. The tweaks make great gameplay greater.

HOWEVER, in Manager Mode, FIFA somewhat lacks.
Player scouting seems interesting, until you realize that you can't sell the players you signed through your youth program.
Scouted players are also ALWAYS slow, or have no stamina at all.
After 5 or so seasons in, there is a noticeable absence of amazing young talent, as the best scout player you can find is rated at 69 overall. Player progression is somewhat slow and seemingly unpredictable.
Unfortunately we can't find the next Neymar, and after a while, all of the top talent gets old and there is no youth to replace it. At 6 years in, I searched for the best player under the age of 19. The player's overall was 71, entirely unlike the game we see today.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
^ yea, totally agree. scouting young players needs to be overhauled completely. i did find a Brazillian kid who was really fast and had great striking ability, but he progressed soooo slowly. He had a 91 potential but was only a 70 at the age of 20. Itd be great if you found some kids who could actually progress fast
Old 06-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Rookie

KOwusu's Arena

OVR: 2
I believe in FIFA 10 or 08 you could scout instant starters for a mid-level european club (Bolton, Udinese), players that had similar statistics to the real players. I remember scouting a Brazilian with 96 sprint speed, and a Moroccan striker with 78 overall. Perhaps if player progression improved, we'd have a much better time with the youth academy system.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
i often had difficulty passing to the players i wanted to. this would REALLY upset me. i hope that the passing has been modified so that i pass EXACTLY to the player i want to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
Pro

Re: FIFA Soccer 13 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronomymarkus
i often had difficulty passing to the players i wanted to. this would REALLY upset me. i hope that the passing has been modified so that i pass EXACTLY to the player i want to.
Or you could just turn on manual controls which does exactly what you just described?

Old 06-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm interested to see what added leagues are in FIFA 13. Rumors of the Saudi Arabia league thus far, but we shall see...
Old 06-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
Pro

I love the sound of these new gameplay improvements but we really need to see some big improvements to manager mode, namely like others said in scouting. I don't even bother scouting any more because the players are usually rubbish and never seem to reach their potential, I think it should be possible to find the next Messi or the next Ronaldo providing your staff and facilities are good enough.

By facilities I mean that your youth facilities are actually good enough to develop your player and good enough to attract him in the first place. Note how in real life teams like Barcalona of course produce heaps on young talent due to La Masia. However note how a lesser team, Sporting Lisbon also produces a lot of great young players. This is due to their training facilities and leads me to my next point...

I think that FIFA should borrow some ideas from FM for their manager mode, namely a deeper interaction with the board and the ability to improve your youth facilities etc. This way you could really focus on growing your team rather than buying players. You could try and create a state of the art youth facility like La Masia or in other clubs.

Finally I think another simple but key change should be the transfer negotiations, at the minute they are too basic. You send in a transfer and its either accepted or rejected, same with contracts. If its rejected you keep submitted bids until it's accepted. There are be a system of real negotian, where you can submit counter offers and things like that. In fact I think I remember something a bit like this in an older version of FIFA.

Last edited by MattyEdgeworth; 06-13-2012 at 05:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »