Home

NHL 13 Video - Hockey IQ Focusing on Team Systems, Player and Goalie Behavior

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Video - Hockey IQ Focusing on Team Systems, Player and Goalie Behavior within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 13 Video - Hockey IQ Focusing on Team Systems, Player and Goalie Behavior

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

This video focuses on explaining the three areas where EA SPORTS Hockey IQ will impact:
  • Player and Goalie behavior
  • Team Systems
NHL 13 Producer Sean Ramjagsingh explains how EA Sports Hockey IQ will change the way you play the game. A completely overhauled A.I. system, players and goalies are now fully aware of every other player on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter and more true-to-life decision-making. EA Sports Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever for the franchise.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Very nice. Especially the goalie's awareness of the passing opportunity on the 2 on 1.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Video - Hockey IQ Focusing on Team Systems, Player and Goalie Behavior

Well that solves the neutral zone problem! We finally have to think about what type of forecheck to use in certain situations. This is one major part to check off the list it seems. Also the interceptions on passes look good. Although I'm hoping that when a pass is rifled through the slot the D man or the player receiving the pass won't catch it perfectly everytime like in 12. Way too many one timers are scored because of this. It just looks unnatural. At least in 11 the slider for pass reception worked. Hopefully that will be back to normal in 13.

One minor gripe I have that has been in the game since 07 is the goalies covering the puck. On the Luongo save on the one timer he caught the puck at his hip and then went into the cover puck motion. I would like to see him hold his stance of how he caught the puck. So really when he caught the puck at his hip the whistle should have blown right away. Now if the puck would have bounced out of his glove I understand why he would go into the cover puck motion. It's just something that has always bothered me. It would be cool to see it fixed.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 13 Video - Hockey IQ Focusing on Team Systems, Player and Goalie Behavior

Color me excited and impressed. Glad to see the AI finally get the attention it so sorely needed for so long, and it's great to see neutral zone pressure and a reason to dump and chase.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

WOW!!!! FINALLY the neutral zone is addressed as well as my AI teammates. i hope this will translate well in the end product... So far, I like what I'm seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Yea ... neutral zone play! Loved the turnover at the blue line as Kopitar tried to just skate through the defense into the offensive zone. Having to legit dump and chase the puck is long overdue in this series. I'm hoping this will lead to more scrums for the puck along the boards, but either way, this is a good start.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Wait a second, what is this? A neutral zone??????? YES! YES! YES!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Finally!!! Woohoo!!! This is great stuff. NHL 13 has really impressed me so far with what I have seen in terms of videos and information.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »