Home

NHL 13 Video - Hockey IQ Focusing on Team Systems, Player and Goalie Behavior

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Video - Hockey IQ Focusing on Team Systems, Player and Goalie Behavior within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #9
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 13 Video - Hockey IQ Focusing on Team Systems, Player and Goalie Behavior

Now...now I'm impressed!

This vid was showing exactly what I was hoping for, for NHL '13'. Loved seeing the AI d-men standing up at their blue-line forcing a dump in. This one video has pretty much ruined '12' for me. Thanks EAC!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 13 Video - Hockey IQ Focusing on Team Systems, Player and Goalie Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Now...now I'm impressed!

This vid was showing exactly what I was hoping for, for NHL '13'. Loved seeing the AI d-men standing up at their blue-line forcing a dump in. This one video has pretty much ruined '12' for me. Thanks EAC!
lol I know right? I keep looking at my PS3 going to myself, well do I continue on or play something else for a few months til ship.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
Relentless

Weapon X's Arena

OVR: 5

I can't even find words to describe this... the convergence that the Phoenix defense demonstrated on Kopitar at the blue line was simply a thing of beauty.

Ugh, these next few months are going to be grueling.

WX
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #12
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
lol I know right? I keep looking at my PS3 going to myself, well do I continue on or play something else for a few months til ship.
That's why I have Skyrim ...not a sports title, but should keep me plenty busy until 13 arrives at my doorstep.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm excited about the goalies being able to cheat. I have always wanted to be able to have a 2-on-1, and be able to fire one over the goalies shoulder instead of passing it off for the one timer. Such a goal is pretty rare in 12.

Looks like we'll actually be able to read the goalie in 13 and decide whether we need to pass, or try and score short side if the goalie is cheating too much.

Can't wait to see an actual gameplay video!!!

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 06-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #14
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

That turn that Doan had after getting the puck looked unreal. So real life looking. That may be the first time I've ever said something about this game that involves real life in it.

I'm still waiting on these goalies though. I'm going to need a lot of gameplay footage in order to be able to tell how much they've been upgraded. I'm a huge stickler on goalies because IMO it's the most important position in a team sport. The only thing I will say is that there is really nowhere to go but up with the goalies in this game. I still wish they could implement a better movement system with the goalies instead of them warping across the crease. I'll forget about that though if they play better positionally and make more realistic looking saves.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 06-15-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #15
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I gotta tell RealmK...I'm still a bit in shock that the game has taken this turn for the better, much better. And much closer to the real thing. I really feared that the up and down nature of past games would be with us for quite a while yet. All in the name of fun fast paced play.

Seems maybe quite a few of us were pleasantly caught off guard by this video. Yep...I'm going to have some trouble with '12' holding my interest at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #16
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

NOW.. that last part of this video is very encouraging! Should make for a different experience depending on whom you're playing. Nice!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »