Home

NHL 13 Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Gameplay Video within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
That looked really good. The two guys who were playing didn't really know how to play, so that's probably why this footage might look off to some people, but I think this game looks really good. I really like the new angles, except for that angle on the goal... "HEY WE SCORED! KNEE PUNCH!" hahahahaha, but other than that it looked good. And saying that the puck is glued to some players sticks, that's true sometimes, but I do see players losing control of the puck in a lot of situations, a lot more than in '12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
You know it amazes me every year that we're lucky enough to see E3 build footage and people feel the need to tear it apart thinking it's using sim sliders and final code. Just truly face palm inducing.
...and what amazes me is how every year the final build falls woefully short of anything that resembles NHL hockey. sliders that don't really fix things at all...

Look, my eyes don't lie: those 500 mph passes being zinged to a guy standing 4 feet away from him, magnetizing to his stick, NEVER bouncing off - and you call me out (earlier) for being a NBA 2K fan boy (of which I have no idea where that came from)... yet YOU defend EA's continual, year after year, piece of garbage for a hockey game? friend, that's laughable...

Look, I hope they do tweak things and fine-tune it... BUT, each year they provide numerous tuners and patches that destroy the game. Running in circles trying to get goalies to play right, never finding any sense of real hockey.

But don't single people out who looked at that video footage, expressed their concerns and dislikes, and then sit on your high horse like you know something the rest of us don't. it's another reason I'm coming to loathe this site - there's a double standard, and provided you've got enough clout here you can call others out and act all self-righteous about a stupid video game.

I expressed rational, clear minded, honest evaluations based upon what I saw with my own eyes. I did not embellish or attempt to overstate what I witnessed. yes, it's an early build...but it's more of the same stuff with passing that we've seen for YEARS. that's a simple fact that cannot be denied, and if it's not fixed, the magnetizing puck and tape-to-tape passes will destroy this game's realism yet again.

My apologies if you're offended, but I'm simply stating what I saw of which you didn't - you just want to cut me off at my knees, without stating where I was wrong.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #27
Relentless

Weapon X's Arena

OVR: 5

Jesus Oli Herbert Christ, here we go again.

Does anyone at all remember when the community first got their collective hands on the NHL 12 demo, and out of sheer impatience some of us just jumped into the gameplay and had a "meh" response to the game? Only until those people went back, a bit calmer, and chose "Hardcore" as the Game Style did they find that the game played closer to our collective "sim-oriented" desires?

It seems like everyone forgets that what's fun for us will most likely not be fun for everyone else. I can't tell you how many times I've watched my step-dad play NHL 2K10 and tried to tell him to dump the puck in so he can get a line change when he starts complaing that his guys "won't move" when he's had the first line out for a third of the period. This is someone who watches hockey when I have it on, and yet he simply refuses to do so for whatever asinine reason. He eventually relented to messing with the sliders instead of attempting to play a more simulation style of hockey. Those are the people they expect to demo the games for at these conventions and events. They're gamers of the el-generico variety, not raging sports game sim-heads like us. Hence why the crew over at EA Vancouver almost always jacks the settings up to showcase the featured talking point of the event (in this years case, its the skating engine), and almost always has the Game Style locked on "default" (and as we know, Default to most of us plays like a complete joke in NHL 12).

So for the love of anything that's sane, I encourage the certain sector of you guys who are complaining to keep this observation in perspective: you have not seen the build that will be pressed to the master and shipped around the world, with Hardcore Game Style / custom sim settings enabled. At the very least, wait until the demo drops so your claims can be validated by a hands-on experience with a later build and the preferred (and alleged) "sim-oriented" settings enabled, and not an alpha build who's settings are set specifically to wow a group of journalists who's job usually calls for them to write about the release date and miniscule graphical updates of the next Call of Duty or Halo game as opposed to a comparative analysis of the real NHL v. EA's NHL in the field of realistic representation.

EDIT
Quote:
Look, I hope they do tweak things and fine-tune it... BUT, each year they provide numerous tuners and patches that destroy the game. Running in circles trying to get goalies to play right, never finding any sense of real hockey.
Goddamn it MKharsh, thanks for giving the inevitable "touche" moment right ABOVE me that I had no knowledge of because it was posted as I was typing mine. Hahaha.

WX

Last edited by Weapon X; 06-15-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #28
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 13 Gameplay Video

I was at E3 and played this game many times, The momentum stuff, you don't really notice with the up and down view, they got the REAL NHL Broadcast camera, and you can really notice the Top Speed in that view!! The game is really amazing, WAY BETTER Than NHL 12, and that wasn't even the final product!!

Wrist shots look like wrist shots and the goaltenders are really improved, they added a lot more saves!! Fifa 13 and NHL 13 are must buys. I am not even joking

Last edited by ThaLiveKing; 06-15-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

yet another "we who love it are right on the money" and those who don't can just "go to hell" comment...

You guys win... NHL 13 will be the single greatest video sports game ever created that is a must own, and will totally change the way we play sports video games forever. I can't wait to pre-order and spend all night playing it. The video evidence is overwhelming...
Old 06-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #30
Relentless

Weapon X's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
yet another "we who love it are right on the money" and those who don't can just "go to hell" comment...
Are you referencing my post? If you are, I was simply pointing out something that I felt had been lost in some of the comments on an alpha build.

I also never condemned anyone to hell for pointing out flaws in my post, I simply asked that people who are condemning the game remember to keep things in perspective. I then agreed with your point that I quoted (which again, was posted when I was posting mine, I didn't see it until mine went live), by attempting to say that remembering and acknowledging the past failed trials of the series in lieu of "tuning" is just as important as not being "sky is falling critical". Not everyone is looking to throw you under a bus and leave you for dead, man.

Of course, if you weren't referencing my post, then this post probably just comes off looking like I'm a self-important assclown. Which, I suppose is the norm when it comes to the internet, but still... bleh to being included in those circles.

WX
Old 06-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #31
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

You guys win... NHL 13 will be the single greatest video sports game ever created that is a must own, and will totally change the way we play sports video games forever. I can't wait to pre-order and spend all night playing it. The video evidence is overwhelming...
I don't get why you buy the game if you dislike it so much...

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0
just a small thing why is there still only one ref

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »