Home

OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation?

This is a discussion on OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation?

This is the first feature we've done like this, but I'm quite excited to see how it works out. I'm going to raise a point of debate and you guys will have at it and we'll post another feature tomorrow with the very best responses from each end and declare a winner of sorts.

So today's debate is this: Which of these is more important for authenticity. You can't say both, you have to decide: Would having real time physics or a completely authentic true to life presentation be a bigger boost to a game's feeling of realism?

Let's hear it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Real Time Physics is where it is at. The presentation last a FEW MINUTES, The game IS LIKE AN HOUR OF AUTHENTICITY AND REALISM!!!! Screw the presentation, give me gameplay all day everyday
Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Rookie

+1 for properly implemented real-time physics.

Presentation is nice, however it is also the first thing your brain diverts to the subconscious. Whereas a game playing as if actually being played on earth with gravity and other forces equates to some tight game-play that you will appreciate long after snappy intros, tired pbp or tickers.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39
True life presentation is important; even though they need to go hand and to be a successful game.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8
RTP is more important.

Just look at the extremes........

If NBA 2k12 had that kind of presentation, but the gameplay was wonky......................

And look at super techmo bowl for NES...........................

No presentation ecxept for some cheerleader screens and an awesome high-five animation, but........................ sweet gameplay.

I say gameplay makes or breaks the experience.

If it looks like a tv broadcast, but it plays like a 5 year olds puppet show, no thanks. But If it looks like a 5 year olds puppet show, but plays like what I see on tv? Sign me up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Has to be Real Time Physics
Old 06-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2
Presentation allllllllll day long
Old 06-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Rookie

I would say real time physics because presentation only goes so far in video games. Unless developers plan to do constant updates, the presentation will start to sound like a broken record. 2k has been the leader in presentation yet it gets stale after so long. I would rather have real life physics so I can stretch a games limits in what I can do on any given play. I live for creating spectacular moments.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »