Home

OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation?

This is a discussion on OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Physics. The presentation gets old after a while no matter how good it is.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
gameplay. all day. presentation gets old after a while no matter how good it is. -> Agree 100%
Old 06-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7
Presentation is more important than most gamers realize. If the game's presentation felt "arcadey", then the game itself wouldn't feel close to the real thing, even if the actual gameplay mirrored real-life. Yet, the it'
s the saem problem the other one around obviously. As much as I want real-time physics, I think that the presentation is actually more important to providing an authentic experience. But remember, being more authentic doesn't always mean better. Despite what I said, I would prefer a Madden that focuses more on the gameplay and the real-time physics than one that tries to gloss over the poor gameplay with a professional presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation?

Old 06-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation?

Real time physics is more important than true-to-life presentation. If you don't like the presentation, there always seems to be an option to adjust the settings, by either shutting off the commentators, or just even listening to music while you play.

But there isn't a way to adjust collisions, momentum, etc... so it just makes more sense that the game would feel more realistic if properly implemented real time physics were used.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #14
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
As much as I would love real time physics.. I honestly think that true to life presentation would be more beneficial to have.

True to life presentation would mean commentary that adapts to the game real time. Stat overlays that occur often, has the right info and covers the screen the right way. No gaps in commentary where there's complete silence. Pregame intros with stat overlays and commentary on the teams and how they are doing during the season. Adaptive commentary for new players where the commentators can say the names of these players and talk about their statistics no matter what week or year it is in franchise ( well connected careers). End of quarter highlights, in game and end of quarter game checks for other games. Half time show with highlights and game checks for other games. End of game recap. Adaptive commentary an presentation for preseason, beginning and midseason, end of season/teams in the playoff hunt, each week of the playoffs and the Super Bowl and even the pro bowl. Even add in offseason stuff for the combine, draft, camp and free agent signings...

Now if true life presentation means that ^^^^ i'm pretty sure that trumps real time physics for now. Right now the game is boring, repetitive, stale, and doesnt change. Yes, real time physics would do a lot for gameplay. But gameplay is IMO a hell of a lot harder to implement correctly than presentation. You need the right calculations and randomness yet still keeping things realistic while also having those crazy plays that happen every season but not so often. And then add in things that happen more in one game or season and less in another. Oline vs dline interactions. Wr vs db interactions... Etc. So much stuff that at the end of the day when you get it you will be crying that the presentation is stale. Right now I can play madden for a long time gameplay wise. But I hate the presentation with a passion
Old 06-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #15
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
All though we should have both.....RTP, if done properly will be more important to the gameplay, than a presentation that is flawless. Gameplay has to be #1 then, a decent presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
Banned

JohnBoy227's Arena

OVR: 2
Real time physics or unless madden brings back the cheerleaders with the bouncing boobs.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »