Home

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #5 Dynamic Conference Prestige

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #5 Dynamic Conference Prestige within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #5 Dynamic Conference Prestige

This is really exciting, especially for us that move around conferences.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Definitely a reason to be excited about NCAA 13. I'm curious to see if after about 5 years say there's a shift in power from the SEC to the Big East (I know probably won't happen IRL), will a lot of the generated recruits instead of having LSU, Alabama, and Florida as their Top 3 schools have Rutgers, UConn, etc... as some of their top schools because recruits want to play in the best conference in the land?

Not saying that all recruits should suddenly switch their Top 3 based on conference prestige (because there are definitely other factors), but that we should see more recruits wanting to go to schools in the best conference in the nation.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #11
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11
This is huge! SO excited for 13! Less than 21 days.....! Amazon please show up early on my front porch! = )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
Rookie

KOwusu's Arena

OVR: 2
There is almost no way for this to hurt the game.

I wonder if after a while, random teams will start getting top recruits.
In NCAA 12, after 10 or 15 seasons things would get just a tiny bit weird.
2 and 3 star programs of 2025 (Ohio, ECU) started stealing top 10 prospects.

Just a small thing, but I'm curious why that happened.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
Definitely a reason to be excited about NCAA 13. I'm curious to see if after about 5 years say there's a shift in power from the SEC to the Big East (I know probably won't happen IRL), will a lot of the generated recruits instead of having LSU, Alabama, and Florida as their Top 3 schools have Rutgers, UConn, etc... as some of their top schools because recruits want to play in the best conference in the land?

Not saying that all recruits should suddenly switch their Top 3 based on conference prestige (because there are definitely other factors), but that we should see more recruits wanting to go to schools in the best conference in the nation.
Well the Top 6 Big East schools would have to be ranked high enough in the BCS to put the conference at the top, so that would probably result in Prestige increases for them that would indirectly cause increased interest in the conference anyway. For those schools who aren't increasing their prestige, they will get the benefit of the increased pitch but probably won't have kids initially busting down the doors of those schools to get in just because they're in a top conference, which is really the way it should be.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
Rookie

KOwusu's Arena

OVR: 2
Also, nice menu design on that screen shot. Aesthetics matter bro.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #15
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Yeah should be pretty cool.
I'm gunna start with Oregon State, but after so many years and I start over with a new small school, that'll come in handy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19

If AI doesn't display Gameplay wise that there is a difference between 1 through 5 Star Players, then it's just fluff.

If the AI displays a difference, then it's justified because it will actually impact Gameplay and differentiate players and the teams they're on.

We shall see, but history notes that there really isn't any difference between a 1 Star or 5 Star player, as far as the AI play to justify a Gamer spending time in this feature vs just skipping and letting the CPU fill the roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »